Strings for a Kamaka Concert

bueller

Reaction score
Just got my first Kamaka (pre-owned) today - I'm thinking I am going to upgrade the strings. Anyone have any experience with what strings work out the best with this new beauty?

I don't have a concert, but I have liked Fremont Blackline and Worth strings on my Kamaka tenor.

Out of all the strings I've tried on my Kamaka pineapple, I prefer the Fremont Blackline by far! They really bring out the best in tone.

I got two white labels with aquila's on them and planning to change them...too bright man...only sounds good down tuned..

Got Worth CM on mine. Sounds good to me, better than the browns or D'Addario. If you want low G go with Worth Clear HD.

I've got worth clears on mine. I think it works well. But for old white labels, I have found that Aquilas really make them sing.

I'm not sure what strings came with it, but I know they weren't factory as they are clear and as I understand it the factory sends out black strings.
I've heard a lot of good things about Fremont Blackline and Worth clears. Might just have to get a bunch and give them a try.

Hey Bueller, I sent you a PM a few days ago, asking how you like the Kamaka. Anyway, I also wrote that I have Worth CMs on mine and really love them.

Just got my first Kamaka (pre-owned) today - I'm thinking I am going to upgrade the strings. Anyone have any experience with what strings work out the best with this new beauty?

I have Fremont Blackline hard (not medium) tension on my Kamaka concert and it sounds amazing. I also like Aquilas on Kamakas,, but if you can find the Fremonts I highly recommend giving them a try.

Top Bottom