I just bought a Snark SN-1 Tuner.

GKK

Reaction score
I bought a Snark tuner SN-1 but, have a few questions about it.

I accidentally bought the SN-1 which is optimized for Guitar, The Pitch calibration default setting is A-440Hz, is this OK for the Ukulele? The Pitch Reference can be set anywhere from 415-466 Hz.

Thank you.

Yes. A 440 is what you want.

Thanks, the Snark makes tuning very easy!

Before the Snark, I used an Ipod Touch App but, the Snark is so, much easier. The tuning with the Ipod App was close but, a little bit flat on the "E" and "A" strings. Now, all strings are right on!

The blue snarks are all I use. If you start making adjustments on it and get confused, just remove the battery and reinstall it. The standard settings include A440 pitch.

They really are nice little doodads!

Have a red one, it's an AWESOME little tuner, just perfect. No more indifferent indecisive can't make up it's friggin tiny little mind lying piece of crap Kala tuner for me! (Don't ask me how I *really* feel about the Kala!!! :mad: )

I have an SN2, which I love. It turned up with my ukes as a Christmas present (from someone who didn't know much about it), so I didn't get much of a choice; turned out to be just a happy thing that these babies get such rave reviews. I don't have anything to compare it to; but I can certainly see why people like them.

Query, though: what's the difference between the SN2 and the SN1? I see that the SN1 is meant to be a guitar tuner ... but what does that actually mean in practice?

They both do guitar and uke. The red one has an option for microphone input as opposed to vibration, so can be used without being clipped to instrument

I just noticed Mim's ukes come with Snarks. I almost wish I'd held off ordering a Snark for a few more weeks now and got 2 upgrades at once, but my Kala needs replacing before I start hearing those notes as "in tune".

They are pretty good, but an awkward shape that doesn't fit well in my uke case. I have a Crafter clip on tuner which is equally accurate, and travels better, being small and rectangular. The Snark display is very nice though. I have the red one.

They ARE an awkward shape, but the trade off as I see it, is that the joints are infinitely moveable - as such, I can direct the screen on this tuner in more ways than any other I own

For example, I clip mine on backwards and have screen peeping out from under the back of the headstock!

Top Bottom