I need help!

jmed1129

Reaction score
So im looking in investing in a concert ukulele...but one that won't eat my pocket. Ive narrowed my options to either the Ibanez UKC10 model, or the Cordoba 15CM model. Both look appealing to me, but I don't know what either sound like so a little help? thanks!

If those are the only two you like, I'd go with the Cordoba. I played it at Guitar center and it seemed nice. You have to play a couple to see what you like. If you're open to suggestions maybe an MGM Kala.

Last edited:
Aloha Jmed1129,
Welcome to the UU and our forums....I'd go down to the music shop and try a few if you can...it's a better way than just choosing between brands...if you can....do side by side comparisons...if you new to
the ukulele it helps....so you know the sound, comfort and playability you like...good Luck....Let us know what you get....Have fun and enjoy..Happy strummings..MM Stan

I have the Cordoba 15CM and it is very nice. Another one you could look at is the riptide mahogany. It sounds great and is like ten bucks more. I picked up a riptide and actually didn't like the look of it and it sounded a lot like the cordoba but maybe a little bit richer/fuller sounding. I couldn't justify keeping the riptide though as I already had the Cordoba. I think it was also I didn't like the fact it doesn't have a big hole in the middle! and their label is smeared right over the belly too.

The Cordoba is a solid top I believe. It is actually a very nice instrument!

Top Bottom