Koaloha Query

herby660

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was trying to contact Koaloha this week and they were on answerphone. Tried emailing Brian but no reply this week. Are they on holiday or at a Show or something.

I am awaiting two replacement Koalohas, one Tenor Sceptre and one pineapple Sunday that Brian kindly offered to replace due to slight defects. I sent them Christmas 2010 and still waiting for the replacements. I have been told the Sceptre is ready but no date for Pineapple Sunday yet.

Seems like they have been gone forever and I'm desperate to get them back, I really miss them. I dont know what to do with myself.

If anyone has heard anything I would be so grateful to hear.

Last edited:
Did you email Brian directly or through the general email at KoAloha? Sometimes it helps if you email him directly.

As for the PS, Pops hand makes them himself and he is semi-retired and only makes a few batches of them a year. He's also developing his next Masterpiece series at the current time so that may delay the next run of PSs.

If I recall correctly, I think the guys at KoAloha are the Grammy awards this weekend in LA (they were on a local tv show talking about supporting their artists that are nominated). I don't know what day they left Oahu but that may be why nobody answered.

Thanks Guys, very grateful for the replies, that could explain the delay. I did email Brian directly so will give it a bit of time. I hope I dont have to wait too long for the Pineapple Sunday. In some ways I regret sending them back, I didnt realize quite how long it would take. Thanks again, I'll let you know when I hear something.

Hi Guys, Brian has been in touch. Sceptre will be sent shortly and hopefully Pineapple Sunday should be with me end of the month. I am so excited in getting them back.

Thanks Guys, very grateful for the replies, that could explain the delay. I did email Brian directly so will give it a bit of time. I hope I dont have to wait too long for the Pineapple Sunday. In some ways I regret sending them back, I didnt realize quite how long it would take. Thanks again, I'll let you know when I hear something.

You really haven't had to wait too long. If my memory serves me correctly, another "K" brand ukulele company has like a year wait on repairs.

Glad to hear Brian got in touch with you. I happened to be there Monday last week and met Brian, Pops, and Mom. I think only Alan and Paul may have been going to the Grammys as the rest were going to be at the Ukulele Picnic in Kaka'ako Park yesterday.

You really haven't had to wait too long. If my memory serves me correctly, another "K" brand ukulele company has like a year wait on repairs.

True...but in fairness to them, the other "K" brand has been in business for 100 years with 100 years of ukes sold to repair. KoAloha has only been around 15 years -- so they should have a much smaller backlog.

True...but in fairness to them, the other "K" brand has been in business for 100 years with 100 years of ukes sold to repair. KoAloha has only been around 15 years -- so they should have a much smaller backlog.

I know. It isn't a knock on their time. It is just an opportunity to look at things positivily.

Hi guys thanks for all your comments. Brian mentioned he was at the Ukulele picnic and it took up alot of time. I'm so glad I am soon going to have them back. I so miss my Sceptre. Unfortunately the Pineapple Sunday had a problem with the internal brace and it was also dead on all the G # (internal resonance problem i think). Brian agreed to swap it over along with the Sceptre. I only had the PS for a few days, so didnt really have long with it. I bought the PS from MGM and I was debating sending it back but Koaloha sorted me out directly. They seem a great company to deal with. I would definately buy Koaloha again. I've got my eye on a KoAloha Soprano. I think I prefer smaller bodied Ukes.

Top Bottom