Sound bites of various models of ukes

YouTube is the best source. I usually just search for the model or the type I am interested in. There was also a thread started yesterday on the sounds of various sizes, if you want to find that. I have playlists on YT of baritones (over 150 of them), sopranos (traditional sizes), Ohana sopranos, etc.

I was hoping for a sound only site (no vid). And I was hoping to hear several models without having to hunt them down, perhaps even hear some I didn't know about.

I was hoping for a sound only site (no vid). And I was hoping to hear several models without having to hunt them down, perhaps even hear some I didn't know about.

Good luck with that. The MTV generation wants video with fancy editing thrown in, so fewer exist. Its about the only reason I make videos instead of just sound samples, which are far less work.

Depends what you want. I've sound checked Kiwayas with just sound, and Sprucehouse. Check my sig link for files. I agree with you, BTW, I prefer sound only in certain cases.

Watch You tube and close you eyes....lol

That does work, but it takes me only a few minutes to make a good audio recording, sometimes hours to put it to a decent video. Sometimes, now I just do slide shows because of it - then my mother complains she cant see my face :( I think PDXUke, DrUke, and several others may have the right idea with their stash of sound samples instead.

ha ha! Yes, that will work!

Seriously--I wish the built in mics on computers were better, or that more people would use a quality mic when recording. For comparison, it makes a difference. Good mics can be had for $100.

+1.

The problem of course, is that even good mics capture TOTALLY different qualities of sound. Though, I was really surprised, for those recording enthusiasts, that my Kala Acacia Concert produced so LITTLE high-end, that the capture from a SM-57 was almost the same as a C-1000. I was expecting the condenser to be brittle and bright, and the dynamic to be quite subdued and maybe even muffled.

Haven't recorded with my MP custom yet. That will be an interesting test.

MGM's youtube channel is probably the biggest resources for this now. The only thing is that his sound quality isn't the best. But at least he is consistent.

Top Bottom