A few things

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

Firstly, I want to ask about the book Fretboard Roadmaps I recently brought it and it arrived today and wondered whether or not I shoudl just start at the beginning, and work my way through hoping I don't get stuck somewhere! Is it the kind of book you can work through on your own or do I need to bit the bullet and pay for some lessons (or UUU)?

Secondly...I've forgotten...carry on, my brain is around here somewhere...

Hi Joey! I got the same book and yes started at the beginning and am working my way through it!!

I have the book. It covers a lot of music theory quite rapidly. I've never had music lessons, so I definitely had to start from the beginning. I think a lot will depend on what kind of learner you are. If, like me, you get glassy-eyed and develop a mental block reading about chord formations, variations and roots, then maybe a couple of lessons with an instructor who can explain in better detail what the book is trying to teach you might be a good idea.

I flipped through the book and truthfully, I never got past lesson #3 when it starts going into all those chord formations and variations and roots and intervals. Maybe I'll give it another go.

The book is amazing. Work straight through it. Every lesson builds on the prior lessons.

Go on your own, slowly, until you get stuck.

JJ

I have the book. It covers a lot of music theory quite rapidly. I've never had music lessons, so I definitely had to start from the beginning. I think a lot will depend on what kind of learner you are. If, like me, you get glassy-eyed and develop a mental block reading about chord formations, variations and roots, then maybe a couple of lessons with an instructor who can explain in better detail what the book is trying to teach you might be a good idea.

I flipped through the book and truthfully, I never got past lesson #3 when it starts going into all those chord formations and variations and roots and intervals. Maybe I'll give it another go.

We can do it together :D

The book is amazing. Work straight through it. Every lesson builds on the prior lessons.

Okay. gonna start doing it tomorrow and give it a go. The rest of the week I do uni work, I might be able to squeeze it in between uni work and sleep!

I have this book.. and it sort of scares me.. I haven't made it very far into it. Maybe UUU will help! I finally registered today...

maybe we should start a group and help each other out!

That would be great!!! Maybe we could all meet on Skype on something and talk through it all together!

You'll have to let us know how good UUU is and whether it's worth me saving up for it..

I joined. I will squeeze it in where I can, and I will let you know what I think about UUU too.. I decided on 101 because there was too much I NEED to learn in there to skip! ha..

I joined. I will squeeze it in where I can, and I will let you know what I think about UUU too.. I decided on 101 because there was too much I NEED to learn in there to skip! ha..

I was just saying to Gillian...I'll summerize each lesson when I finish it and start a discussion board (or whoever gets there first can!) and that way it can be of help to future people doing the same thing!

I think I would do 101 too..it's just finding the $150, lot of money as you well know!

Top Bottom