Yet another Ukulele - Samick U60

velofille

Reaction score
Got this Uke so I could tune it with a Low G and keep my Koa for standard playing.

Wow talk about different sound, its so mellow and deep sounding!

Not entirely sure i like it after the bright sound of Koa - both have the Aquila strings, and I have to say, i think this has convinced me that the Aquila strings do not necessarily have an Aquila sound in my opinion.
Anyway, i did a breif overview video on them

On another note, why does youtube choose the most unflattering stills every single time? Always have to go in and edit it, at least this time i dont have my mouth open or something :D

Just an update. I dislike how it sounds when i strum it, however, it sounds fantastic when picked with a nice round tone! This is actually good since i actually bought it to low G with, and wanted it for picking anyway :D

Thanks for the overview. Nice instruments. It's always nice to hear about different ukuleles. As for YouTube, I think the still shots are selected by those kids in my high school classes who used to sit in the back of the room and snicker at everyone. I didn't even know you could edit the still shot.

As for YouTube, I think the still shots are selected by those kids in my high school classes who used to sit in the back of the room and snicker at everyone. I didn't even know you could edit the still shot.
I think you may be right! You can edit the photos and change the shot, of course it takes forever to update and use that one, and in the mean time you have all 5 double chins showing or a mouthful of food or something :)

Aloha and Kia Ora Liz,
Nice collection of ukes you have there, and nice to have them all sounding different..I agree with you the Koa has a nice tone...what brand is it...like the headstock inlay too....
Thanks for sharing....Have you ever checked out Bevan of Captain Ukuleles...in New Zealand...Totally awesome guy and ukes...I got his backpacker..and I like it very much..
Check out his website and my backpacker is on there..one with the spruce top..excellent intonation and sound and Bevan is a pleasure to do business with..He's in the Big
Muffin band too.. http://www.captainukuleles.co.nz/home.html Thanks for sharing, and Have fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings! Cheers:cheers: MM Stan...
P.S. Love your You Tube Channel too!!

Heya stan, Yeah i like the Koa one. Its no brand, just a cheap solid koa off ebay, though its pretty nice and i do love the sound. I have indeed checked out Captain Ukuleles, they have some amazing stuff. For now im still learning so sticking to relatively cheap ukes. I only got the Samick so i didnt have to restring every time i wanted to play Low G.
Now im looking for a cheaper way of just getting the one low G string rather than restringing the whole thing (any hints/tips?)

My youtube is very Eclectic mix of all sorts - not a regular poster ... well i havnt been until recently anyway :)

Top Bottom