Doctor Who fans?

Memememememe.

The new series ended the Saturday before last. I'm assuming it hasn't aired in the US yet so no spoilers for me. But I luuuuurve Doctor Who.

The fact that they broadcast 'em here like a month later makes cheating and looking for info online tempting.

I have to say, though, I'm kind of rooting for Donna dying. Not a big fan of her. I miss Billie Piper.

I'll become a Doctor Who fan if the rumors about Eddie Izzard being the new doctor are true. I looooooove Eddie Izzard.

I'll become a Doctor Who fan if the rumors about Eddie Izzard being the new doctor are true. I looooooove Eddie Izzard.

I hadn't heard those rumors. He'd be a BRILLIANT Doctor. Although I'd be sad to know the Riches is officially canned.

whats doctor who again??

i keep thinking doctor seus(sp??) i remember watching it ages ago, but forget.

whats doctor who again??

i keep thinking doctor seus(sp??) i remember watching it ages ago, but forget.

Longest-running sci-fi show ever. Possibly the longest running television show that's not a soap opera.

I know you're a good bit younger than me, but if-- like me-- you only had vague memories of seeing it on television as a kid, this oughtta bring it all back:

bakert17.jpg

New generation Dr. Who followers!

My kids love Dr. Who and would sometimes watch the little sections on YouTube, until I told them to get the DVDs from the Library! So many different Dr. Who has evolved! Check it out from NetFlix too.

Source plz?!?!

I don't think they're doing episodes this year, I think they're doing a few feature lengths instead. Which would be awesome.

Any other Dr. Who fans here?

Dude.

I'm hardcore.

Watched it since 1979. First episode watched: The Pyramids of Mars. Went to the 1980's conventions in Chicago as a fan. Dressed in the hat and scarf. Made a Cyberman costume. My H.S. Graduation gift was a tailor-made Peter Davison coat. In the '90s, I interviewed Dr. Who personnel for Louisville Public TV. Met and interviewed Tom, Peter, Jon, and Colin. Interviewed tens of companions including the 2 surviving original companions. Got to interview Elizabeth Sladen, Sarah Jane, my favorite companion. Sophie Aldred (Ace) sat on my lap (WHOO!), I literally ran into Mary Tamm turning a hall corner. Got my photo with Anthony Ainley published by AP.

yeah, I'm hardcore!
:)

Longest-running sci-fi show ever. Possibly the longest running television show that's not a soap opera.

I know you're a good bit younger than me, but if-- like me-- you only had vague memories of seeing it on television as a kid, this oughtta bring it all back:

bakert17.jpg

no bells are ringing. sorry

i tried watching it on BBC-america, but they kept chaing the times and i missed a whole bunch of episodes. then out of no where (for me at least) i finally see it and theres a new companion. I really need to to rent'em

That's why I love the DVR. Just set it to "record new episodes" and it takes care of it for the most part.

I started watching at the first latest series with Christopher Eccleston. (Man, was he a freakin' good Dr.) And the wife watched with me a bit of an attitude. By the third or fourth episode she was totally hooked.

I've been working my ass off for the last month though so we've got at least two or so episodes we're behind in watching. (hooray again for the DVR) I don't think I'll miss Donna too much when she gets replaced, but I also don't think they really had much of an idea of how to use her effectively. Lots of love for Martha Jones, though. Glad they're keeping her character in the loop with crossovers into Torchwood.

Anybody else also watch Torchwood?
That one totally sucker punched us. It interweaves storylines with Dr. Who all over the place. And I can't seem to find a clue as to when the next season is going to get broadcast and on what channel. (Dr Who splits time between SciFi & BBC America so bets are off.) I so totally miss Supernatural Saturdays....

Oh yeah, if folks don't already know about it and don't mind watching Youtube style, Surf the Channel has just about any TV show you can think of. All the Dr Who and Torchwoods are there. (But not the Sarah Jane Adventures which were more kid oriented and not very good...)

Last edited:
I only watched a few episodes of Torchwood when my brother got the box-set. It was pretty good. That Welsh woman is niiiiiiice.

Torchwood is definitely worth watching from the beginning.

It's a lot more character driven than Dr. Who in that the relationships of the four major characters drive a lot of the stories. Everybody gets much more fleshed out over the course of the series. It started out pretty meh, but over time as the characters get developed and how they all interact it sucks you in in the best way.

In some ways I think I'm more excited to see a new Torchwood season than I am about Dr Who itself.
The end of the last one was a hell of a ride...

Top Bottom