PDA

View Full Version : "Good Company" on my new Kiwaya KTS-7

Chris Tarman
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Ok... I had intended to save this for whenever I get a banjo-uke, but I've been messing it with it for the past couple of days, and wanted to post an actual song using my new Kiwaya. I have already posted an instrumental version of this song, but I decided to try singing it, and I don't think it sounds too bad. Not great, but not bad. I ordered some Worth strings for the Kiwaya, but played this using the original black strings, which I don't care for.
This is a really fun song to play on ukulele, and I think it would be a blast on a banjo-uke. I love the slide-up to the 5th fret F during the "solo" section.
I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-zW0iM2oTM

roxhum
02-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Chris, Great job. Your playing was good and fun and the Kiwaya sounds really good. Your singing is good too.

ukunuke
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Awesome, Chris! That little Martin knock-off holds it own, man. I'm sure you're quite happy with it. Great little song, and you're totally rockin' the UU shirt, bruddah!

soupking
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
That was great. The Kiwaya really does sound good, too.

Chris Tarman
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks, both of you. I have to say, that "Bb to Fdim" change in the intro part is a Beeee-Yotch!!!!

Hippie Dribble
02-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Fantastic Chris. Great song and both your playing and singing was AWESOME!!! (and by the way, your youtube channel is anything but paltry mate, it's really good) :)

mm stan
02-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Aloha Chris,
That Kiwaya sounds sweet...nice job man....thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings.." Keep them coming"" can't wait for the new strings version too..MM Stan

Chris Tarman
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Awesome, Chris! That little Martin knock-off holds it own, man. I'm sure you're quite happy with it. Great little song, and you're totally rockin' the UU shirt, bruddah!

Heh... I was wearing that shirt when we sat together in Denver... it was just under my other layers!

Chris Tarman
02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Fantastic Chris. Great song and both your playing and singing was AWESOME!!! (and by the way, your youtube channel is anything but paltry mate, it's really good) :)

I should change that quote, I guess. It WAS pretty paltry when I originally put that there, but I guess it's getting better. Thanks for the vote of confidence!