A Rainbow is Nothing - an original valentine's day song for my wife

Aloha Doug,
Nice song and playing....was a pleasure....thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Love your song! Your wife should be swooning. ;)

Aloha Doug,
Nice song and playing....was a pleasure....thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Mahalo Stan, you're the best, I always appreciate your comments.

Love your song! Your wife should be swooning. ;)

Thanks, Seoulsister, she was not exactly swooning, but she did like it a lot :).

The geek in me really loves that one! Great sound to that uke also, real nice bright and plucky!
keep up the excellent work!

Thanks, Velofille. I thought it might be interesting to try to make those scientific words sound poetic. Not sure if it really worked, but I had fun. My favorite was "photosynthetic". I just love how it kind of rolls off the tongue.

One thing I learned from writing this song is that there are some fringe benefits to a limited vocal range. I got lots of practice transposing this to different keys. I first came up with the chord progression in F, but I couldn't hit the high notes in the bridge. I tried Eb, D, and Bb before finally deciding that C was the best fit. But I also decided that the chord voicings sounded best in the key of Bb, so I tuned up to ADF#B. All thanks to my limited vocal range :).

Top Bottom