PDA

View Full Version : "Shaving Cream"

Hippie Dribble
02-14-2011, 02:12 AM
howdy all

this is another naughty double entendre tune from the late, great Benny Bell. Perhaps his most recognized song.

Great fun to play for the shock value on unsuspecting listeners :) and because it's easy.

I tried it using my new LoPrinzi Bambino uke. Hope you make it to the end... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0mDj3I5uiM

fitncrafty
02-14-2011, 02:38 AM
Can't wait to show that one to the kids! They LOVE IT! Great job as usual! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!
Love that little uke, sounds great, how in the world to you play it? My fingers would be in knots!!
Thanks again for sharing your talent with us!!

roxhum
02-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Holy Cow you are prolific. How do you memorize all of them so quickly? Thank you for sharing and entertaining us do delightfully.

mm stan
02-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Another winner...I liked it so much I played along...Weeeeee:music:
Thanks for sharing.....keep um coming our way....MM Stan:):)

Hippie Dribble
02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot Stan Roxie and Carrie. It's a great fun song, eh! And yeah, that little Bambino is cute as a button! :)

GreatGazukes
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Yep, nice sounding uke there sir...and a really nice looking instrument.. congrats..

Johnny Elsewhere
02-16-2011, 10:23 AM
That just reminded me to shave. LOL

I love the lyrics. Keep writing!

velofille
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Brilliant!

Hippie Dribble
02-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks Tony, Johnny and velofille

really appreciate the encouragment guys, thanks very very much. :o

And yep Tony, it's a lovely instrument and I think set to become a constant companion. People are usually spun out when I pull a ukulele out at just how small they are anyway...needless to say when I got the Bambino out at work I got some great responses...they loved it!!! So cute and cuddly.

And Johnny, can't take credit for writing the tune mate, it was written by a guy called Benny Bell who's written some incredibly cheeky and funny songs. He's no longer with us but you can still buy compilation discs of his stuff from CD baby. You should check it out. :)