Nice write up on LoPrinzi ukuleles

Aloha Mike,
Thanks for sharing, it was a nice read on LoPrinzi Ukes...I just wanted to say, I always hear nice things about you and your service and you're so accomodating...
My UAS has subsided now and I live in the middle of the ocean....I heard from a friend you have that Ohana SK-35 in stock too....I love martins and saw Ken's
awesome video with one... thanks also for providing the quality service that you do...and supplying us with your ukes....MM Stan

I have followed LoPrinzi for a while. It's always nice to hear about companies still making fine instruments in the USA. I first found them while looking at their well-reviewed guitars. I want both a Cremona classical guitar and Tenor Uke!

I'd love to see a comparison of the Kiwaya 4 and The LoPrinzi A. I get the feeling they are of similar quality and would love to know they are side by side. Anyone have experience with both?

I've played them both:) The Kiwaya and LoPrinzi are both high quality but have different feel and sound. Kiwayas are so lite and LoPrinzis have that lean neck that ones fingers slide on effortlessly. The sound produced from either's mahogany soprano is most desirable. The Kiwaya is precise and lite like puff pastry and the Loprinzi is rich and full like decadent chocolate. Together they make a wonderful dessert.
I'd love to see a comparison of the Kiwaya 4 and The LoPrinzi A. I get the feeling they are of similar quality and would love to know they are side by side. Anyone have experience with both?

I've played them both:) The Kiwaya and LoPrinzi are both high quality but have different feel and sound. Kiwayas are so lite and LoPrinzis have that lean neck that ones fingers slide on effortlessly. The sound produced from either's mahogany soprano is most desirable. The Kiwaya is precise and lite like puff pastry and the Loprinzi is rich and full like decadent chocolate. Together they make a wonderful dessert.

hmmm...all this puff pastry and chocolate is making me fat brother Mike!!! :eek:

Loved the article mate. Thanks much for posting it. Donna and Augie make fantastic ukes, no doubt!!!

Thanks for that. My spruce top LoPrinzi is nearly a year old now with quite some mileage, and all I can say about it are good things. Playability is its strongest point, with the slim neck, but the crispness and volume of my spruce soprano can hardly be beaten. Thanks Donna, glad to hear it's booming ;)

Thanks for posting that MIke. I played a LoPrinzi mahogany soprano at NC Ukulele Academy yesterday. Nice! You have a great selection of LoPrinzi's and a great selection of some others too. :)

I've only played one of UkeRepublics Loprinzi As. Its a beautiful instrument. Not a KTS4 and Loprinzi A, but PawPawSailor reviewed several of his Kiwayas and a Loprinzi LMS (at separate times). Here are 20 seconds of his Magic Ukulele Waltz on each. The order of playing is

Kiwaya KMKS
Kiwaya KTS6
Loprinzi LMS

http://www.box.net/shared/qc46sl85mx

Top Bottom