KoAloha Factory Visit

hopkid

Reaction score
I've just returned from Honolulu where I was on a business trip. I had the good fortune to get out of work early last Monday so I high-tailed it to the KoAloha factory to see where my concert model was made. I met Brian, who was finishing the set up for a tenor in which a pick-up had been added. Although I was there well after the afternoon tour time, he eventually invited me to come to the back where the production area is and gave me an impromptu tour. Workers were busy making the fretboards and performing final sanding before the coating process. I also got to meet Pops and Trish, with whom I had nice convesations about family, trips to Japan, and, of course, ukuleles. The atmosphere there is very mellow and friendly.

Footnote: I also was reacquainted with the woman who gave me and my family a free beginner lesson over 3 years ago at the Ukulele House in Waikiki. It only took three years before I finally motivated myself to learn! She was there to pick up the tenor I had mentioned. That was a nice coincidence!

Hmmmm, I attached a few images that I uploaded to my Shutterfly account but they don't seem to be showing here. I'm still trying to figure out all of the features of the UU forums. I'm guessing it has to do with Shutterfly login requirements. Any ideas how to get around that? Is there no way to upload images directly to the UU forums?

Hmmmm, I attached a few images that I uploaded to my Shutterfly account but they don't seem to be showing here. I'm still trying to figure out all of the features of the UU forums. I'm guessing it has to do with Shutterfly login requirements. Any ideas how to get around that? Is there no way to upload images directly to the UU forums?

I often use box.net and have the same problem. I think there is some sort of Java code on those sites that displays their pictures that keeps them from showing up here when you try to use the picture feature here. What I do is just put a link here, instead of the actual picture. That is, I give the picture address with that little globe with the paper clip above the message box, instead of the little picture icon. Hope that is clear.

Great photos! I hope to do the tour the next time I'm in Hawai'i. As for posting photos, I upload photos to an album on my UU profile page and then embed them in posts from there.

That was really cool...great pictures and mahalo for posting them!!!

Great photos! I hope to do the tour the next time I'm in Hawai'i. As for posting photos, I upload photos to an album on my UU profile page and then embed them in posts from there.

Thanks! I'll have to try that next time.

that is one place I would love to go. You have a great eye, I enjoyed the headstock pics with shallow depth of field!

That was at Aloha Ukulele in the Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Nice inventory. :)

I'd like to have that Kamaka pineapple for $695!

That was great...count me amoung the ones who would love that Kamaka Pineapple!!!
Nice tour

Top Bottom