Koaloha concert vs Koaloha longneck

HornedOne

Reaction score
hello UU

I'm torn between 2/3 models of Koaloha, the concert and the long neck soprano/ pineapple.

does anyone own both models and could tell me their main diffrence sound-wise, maybe post a sound clip of both. I've seen the comparison from keonimanua on youtube but the sound quality isn't good enough to realy hear a clear diffrence.

also I can't try these ukes in person as the closest store that carries these ukes is in france xD

hello UU

I'm torn between 2/3 models of Koaloha, the concert and the long neck soprano/ pineapple.

does anyone own both models and could tell me their main diffrence sound-wise, maybe post a sound clip of both. I've seen the comparison from keonimanua on youtube but the sound quality isn't good enough to realy hear a clear diffrence.

also I can't try these ukes in person as the closest store that carries these ukes is in france xD

Sorry about the poor sound quuality. Webcam camera. I did own both those models and still own the longneck. You can not go wrong with either one IMO.

I would recommend doing a search for longneck and koaloha. There has been quite a few threads about longnecks and concerts from koaloha. I'd provide links but can't do that with my phone.

I have a longneck pineapple and have played the concert. For me there is not a huge difference. They are both incredible instruments. The concert is slightly louder and has a deeper tone with the longneck retaining more of that classic soprano sound. To be honest if I was making the decision based solely on the sound I would think the concert just about wins, but for me the pineapple just spoke to me. And who wouldn't want this in their life:

soprano-pineapple-longneck-002.jpg

I think I'll go for the pineapple longneck my first uke was a makala pineapple. I chose the pineapple over the normal makala and the dolphins because I liked the unusual shape. so it makes sence to get the longneck pineapple to come full circle. xD

(maybe when I can strecht the budget I'll get a concert sceptre xD)

Top Bottom