KoAloha Concert Pikake KCM-10<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupking

Reaction score
I'm putting this uke back on the block 'cause I'm broke as a Christmas joke. I love it, and would prefer to sell the Kelii concert I own, but I don't feel like I'll get enough money back for that particular uke. Plus I really prefer tenors overall.

This Pikake is in great shape. There's some slight play wear because this uke is a player- it sounds awesome. It's got a stamp date of January 2011. Deluxe case included. I'm hoping to let it go for $550. I feel like this is a reasonable price, as the cheapest KoAloha concert I can find online is $680, with no case. I have various sets of Worth strings on hand, and I can throw in a an additional set of the buyer's choosing. I'll pay shipping, too, but unfortunately I'd prefer to keep the sale inside the lower 48. Shipping overseas is a bit of a hassle in my experience. Having said that, I'll consider all offers.

Additionally, I understand that I suck at taking pictures, due to the iPhone I've used and my lack of technological skills, but I can email more pics if you message me.

Attachments

• get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 291
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 247
  • get-attachment-3.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-3.aspx.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 204
  • get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I would suggest you stick with it for a while, give it some time. I too now prefer the tenor scale and have sold all of my concerts, except for one, my pikake concert. And I don't think that I ever will. It is a close to perfect as a uke can get. Light weight, great balance and volume.

Tell me about your Kelii..

Tell me about your Kelii..

The Kelii is sweet. It's an all koa body model, and it rings like a bell. It's not nearly as loud as the KoAloha, or as finely-crafted, in my opinion. BUT, as far as playability, it's top notch- it might be my easiest-to-play uke. I'm not a big fan of the geared tuners either, but only because I don't really like geared tuners on sopranos or concerts- they're perfectly servicable for tuning purposes.

What is the difference between a concert and a pikake? just wondering.

Thanks for the info, I picked up an older Kelii concert for a friend recently and fell in love with it while it was in my custody. As you say, great playability, somewhat sloppy build cosmetically, but great tone good looks, a very friendly soulful earthy instrument...and it had friction tuners. Which is what I was secretly hoping for..thanks
I wish I could pull the trigger on the pikake right now, as I remain concert-less. Good luck

The Kelii is sweet. It's an all koa body model, and it rings like a bell. It's not nearly as loud as the KoAloha, or as finely-crafted, in my opinion. BUT, as far as playability, it's top notch- it might be my easiest-to-play uke. I'm not a big fan of the geared tuners either, but only because I don't really like geared tuners on sopranos or concerts- they're perfectly servicable for tuning purposes.

Pikake's also have the bottom edge of the fretboard cut straight across as opposed to the crown style points they use on the regular concerts.

Man can't go wrong with this one. Koaloha is absolutely my favorite sounding Uke! bar none...

this is a great uke! i owned one and missed it greatly after the trade. you won't believe the beautiful sound that comes out of this lightweight piece of uke art.

someone should snap this up quick.

the differences between this and the other concert that koaloha sells is just cosmetics and it enables this uke to have a lower price point: satin finish and no crowned fretboard. no worries. this is a wonderful sounding instrument.

Thatta boy Ed! Hope you get this one! I am also now trying to hunt down a KoAloha. Might be time to pull the trigger....seem to be plenty here on the forum all of the sudden!

Hey Graig-- I did no get this one. Spent some time talking with soupking and it looks like he is going to hold on to it for awhile longer. I think it is a great decision on his part. It is tough to let the ones that you are attached to go. I am selling a pono concert which is a wonderful wonderful instrument, got it brand new two weeks ago, but I just can't warm up to it. I think in better hands than mine it will really shine, but at my level, I am not doing it justice. I have no problem letting it go for sale because I never got attached, but I understand Soupking's reluctance to part with his pikake. How are things going with you?

photo-19.jpgphoto-20.jpgphoto-21.jpg

Still for sale. As was stated above this thing was all but sold but I was pussyfooting around too much and the buyer found another concert. I kind of wanted to wait for the new KoAloha soprano I recently purchased to arrive before the deal was finalized. I'm super happy with the soprano and will be looking to fund a super concert with the cash from this sale.

photo-22.jpgphoto-23.jpg

http://photobucket.com/KoalohaPikake

Last edited:
Hey Graig-- I did no get this one. Spent some time talking with soupking and it looks like he is going to hold on to it for awhile longer. I think it is a great decision on his part. It is tough to let the ones that you are attached to go. I am selling a pono concert which is a wonderful wonderful instrument, got it brand new two weeks ago, but I just can't warm up to it. I think in better hands than mine it will really shine, but at my level, I am not doing it justice. I have no problem letting it go for sale because I never got attached, but I understand Soupking's reluctance to part with his pikake. How are things going with you?

Graig-- did you pick up that Koaloha soprano last night? It looked great and the price was right on. I considered it but for now am very happy with my Pono. I missed out on this Koaloha Pikake from Soupking. Timing was bad. I picked up at Koaloha concert that should arrive tomorrow but I would have preferred this Pikake. I'm sure he will sell it quickly. Hope you are having a good holiday.

Thanks Ed! I am going to pick up that soprano. Exactly what I have been looking for and as you said, a great price. Have a good case coming for it too. I think the UAS should subside now. But you never know!
Best,
Graig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom