Kala's Signature Tenor Ukulele !!

Artista

Reaction score
I think they are gorgeous ukuleles and i may buy one one day...BUT... I love to play baritone!! Does Kala also make baritones in the same manner and looks with the arch-top and f-holes??? Ill be in the Philippines next month,,any suggestions in purchasing ukuleles there?

I was in the phillipines during the christmas holiday. If you are looking for a good quality made ukulele, Cebu has them. If you are going to be in Luzon I would go to the city of Makati. I know for sure that there is one music shop that has a solid wood ukulele next to the Ascott Makati in Park Square 1. Hope it helps
~ Mike

hi Mike

Thanks for the tidbit of information. We will be in Quezon City and the Batangas area so the Luzon site would be a go-to. What is the name of the shop? Again ill say,,i HOPE that Kala does make a baritone model of the arch top and not just in Tenor...What do you have Mike?

I'm pretty sure Kala doesn't make a bari archtop...

Hi,
Kala does not make a Baritone Archtop. Only the tenor. The only option at this point, to have one custom made. I went as far as to take a 1966 Harmony Archtop Tenor guitar and re-string it with nylon uke strings, GCEA. The neck is a bit thin and the scale is a touch long but for right now, it suits my purposes.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks guys

Yes it seems Kala does only produce tenor arch-tops right now... Demand may change that. Hey 'Cowboy, I too have a vintage Harmony. Its a baritone from the mid 50s..the best sounding ukulele i have at present time.

You might PM Bradford Donaldson, a UU member here who is expert in building arch top ukuleles and guitars. He has very reasonable prices. His UU name is Bradford.

–Lori

Top Bottom