So, I suppose this is as good a place as any...

Reaction score
I started playing uke after learning from UU videos and from other YouTubers two years ago.

Last August, after writing songs and playing around open mic nights, I released a cd and got a band together. We're called All Young Girls Are Machine Guns. I play a tenor uke (Lanikai LU-21C) and my bass player plays a Kala UBass.

Sunday (February 13th), we won two Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards including Best Jazz/Easy Listening (which I campaigned for) and Best New Artist. (Note: We were also nominated for best Adult Alternative/Singer-Songwriter, but lost that to the previous year's winner.)

So yeah, many thanks to Ukulele Underground for being such a one-stop-shop and for being ridiculously awesome.

Attachments

• AYGAMG PROPER.JPG
    AYGAMG PROPER.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 68
Awesome congrats! Love to hear a success stories. But I think the main reason why most of us are on here is that you love what you do, which is play the uke.

Heartiest congratulations Beck, to you and your bandmates. That is fantastic news for you guys and for the uke too! Rapt for you! (and I guess we should congratulate the judges for having such good taste!!! :) )

Aloha Beckstraordinary,
Just love to hear UU sucess stories....Congratulations to you and your group...Happy Strummings...MM Stan
I hope you will be back more often now...

Thanks for posting this, it's stories like this that keep me inspired and fire me up to do greater things.
Many congratulations on your success.

The UU has shown me how versatile the Uke can be and I know that my learning process has gone supersonic because of all the information and enthusiasm on here.

I've just added Uke to my comedy act and I've just started writing my own comedy songs too so thank for the inspiration.

Docryf

Congrats! Well deserved awards I'm sure. Just checked out your videos too, they're pretty sweet. Nice :)

Wow! Huge congrats! I love reading stories like this. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep going, and keep us in the loop with more wonderfull accomplishments.

Congratz on your success . Great to hear these stories from other UU members, and where the ukuleel has taken them.

Nice work.

Congrats!

Always good to hear success stories! Will have to check out YouTube :D

Top Bottom