worth six string set

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm considering trying worth strings for my Kamaka Lili'u. I currently have a wound low A on there (pretty standard), and I love the ring and sustain the string offers. Has anybody tried the worth set with unwound low A, and does it ring like a wound string does?

Thanks.

IMO, the low A is too overpowering. I've restrung the A in unison (D'Addario J71) along with a low G. The doubled 3rd course (C) is from Aquilla. Nope, haven't tried the Worth set. It's due for a change soon but haven't decided what to use. Probably Titanium trebles.

Thanks for the replies. At this rate, I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions for six string sets, period. I am avoiding Aquilas, by the way.

I just re-strung my Kamaka 6-string with some worth clears. They sound good, have had them on less than 24hrs, so need more time to give good opinion. In some respects I do miss the low A wound string that the Kamaka puts on their ukes. I have pretty much gone with Worths on all my ukes now. I do like them !

I hate aquilas but I just strung my 6 stringer with a set I found. I am waiting on a set of worths. I took my low a off and paired them in unison. I do have low g.

Hello all,

I'm considering trying worth strings for my Kamaka Lili'u. I currently have a wound low A on there (pretty standard), and I love the ring and sustain the string offers. Has anybody tried the worth set with unwound low A, and does it ring like a wound string does?

Thanks.
I have a set of Worth B-6 strings you can have if you want to try them. I bought them to put on a 6 string uke I made and then decided I didn't like the 6 string so I turned it into a 4 string. Worth strings are long enough to make two sets. I cut them in half and put half on the tenor uke I made and the ones I have left have not been on an instrument yet. PM me your snail-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Interesting! Do you feel like you prefer the wound A?

I strung the Kamaka with aquila with the G switched to a low G. Find it a little too bright for my taste. I've been meaning to get some Worth browns to change out. I've migrated over to pretty much worths on all my ukes.

Hello all,

Thanks.

In looking at the Worth strings at elderly.com, I don't recall seeing that they have a six string set. Is that something new?

Is it like the six string Aquila sets, for what is usually called a six string uke, four courses, with two doubled? Or for a guitalele? (Since you write low A, I am thinking the latter. Does Worth make a guitalele set?) (Oh, I guess low A could mean the doubled string of the 1st string.)

Top Bottom