PDA

View Full Version : worth six string set

02-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Hello all,

I'm considering trying worth strings for my Kamaka Lili'u. I currently have a wound low A on there (pretty standard), and I love the ring and sustain the string offers. Has anybody tried the worth set with unwound low A, and does it ring like a wound string does?

Thanks.

Kanaka916
02-15-2011, 07:39 AM
IMO, the low A is too overpowering. I've restrung the A in unison (D'Addario J71) along with a low G. The doubled 3rd course (C) is from Aquilla. Nope, haven't tried the Worth set. It's due for a change soon but haven't decided what to use. Probably Titanium trebles.

mm stan
02-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I'd wish Martin M600 had a six string set... I prefer martin fleuro's better...sheesh...

02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. At this rate, I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions for six string sets, period. I am avoiding Aquilas, by the way.

Howie1947
02-17-2011, 03:09 AM
I just re-strung my Kamaka 6-string with some worth clears. They sound good, have had them on less than 24hrs, so need more time to give good opinion. In some respects I do miss the low A wound string that the Kamaka puts on their ukes. I have pretty much gone with Worths on all my ukes now. I do like them !

haolejohn
02-17-2011, 05:06 AM
I hate aquilas but I just strung my 6 stringer with a set I found. I am waiting on a set of worths. I took my low a off and paired them in unison. I do have low g.

wheelgunner
02-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Hello all,

I'm considering trying worth strings for my Kamaka Lili'u. I currently have a wound low A on there (pretty standard), and I love the ring and sustain the string offers. Has anybody tried the worth set with unwound low A, and does it ring like a wound string does?

Thanks.I have a set of Worth B-6 strings you can have if you want to try them. I bought them to put on a 6 string uke I made and then decided I didn't like the 6 string so I turned it into a 4 string. Worth strings are long enough to make two sets. I cut them in half and put half on the tenor uke I made and the ones I have left have not been on an instrument yet. PM me your snail-mail address and I'll send them to you.

02-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Interesting! Do you feel like you prefer the wound A?

countrybumpkin
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I strung the Kamaka with aquila with the G switched to a low G. Find it a little too bright for my taste. I've been meaning to get some Worth browns to change out. I've migrated over to pretty much worths on all my ukes.

maikii
02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Hello all,

Thanks.

In looking at the Worth strings at elderly.com, I don't recall seeing that they have a six string set. Is that something new?

Is it like the six string Aquila sets, for what is usually called a six string uke, four courses, with two doubled? Or for a guitalele? (Since you write low A, I am thinking the latter. Does Worth make a guitalele set?) (Oh, I guess low A could mean the doubled string of the 1st string.)