UU Summer Get Together

DanTelles

Reaction score
Just an idea I've had floating around in my head for a while. I think it would be cool if we picked a day in the summer for everybody to meet on the island and just talk uke and enjoy the day and maybe go out to eat that night. Just a thought, cuz I would love to meet all of you and I'm sure you all would like to meet each other as well. Perhaps we could get Aldrine there, and hopefully get Jake to make an appearance!

Just an idea I've had floating around in my head for a while. I think it would be cool if we picked a day in the summer for everybody to meet on the island and just talk uke and enjoy the day and maybe go out to eat that night. Just a thought, cuz I would love to meet all of you and I'm sure you all would like to meet each other as well. Perhaps we could get Aldrine there, and hopefully get Jake to make an appearance!

you talking about the continental US island? lol. That would be cool, but would be super hard to organize. If you ever make it to Houston, on the island of Texas feel free to hit me up!

Well It would obviously be quite convenient for people on the island lol but I was just thinking that because 1.This is an Ukulele forum 2.It would be a good excuse for those of you married to make a trip w/out the wife/hubby :p 3.I think everybody should go to Hawaii sometime in their lives.

i talked to ryan about this when he picked me up from the airport.

if there would be a UU meet up, it would be in california, either norcal or socal because there are so many members in that area.

how about australia! only like 3 members from there but its Australia!

if there would be a UU meet up, it would be in california, either norcal or socal because there are so many members in that area.

if i ever move to America, Cali the place2b

I would really like to go to Cali anyways so that would work well. (I need to go to Santa Monica ;) To see Delores Rhoads)

If the most members are in so. cal. then it does make sense to have a meet up here. If we set a date for next summer (09) it is possible for this to happen. We have to give everyone ample time to plan, save $$ and make arrangements. I think it should start with asking Aldrine, Ryan, Aaron AND Danyo when it would work out for them. Right now they are probably CRAZY with the planning and arranging for this years tour. Perhaps we can bring it up with them when they are here.

If the most members are in so. cal. then it does make sense to have a meet up here. If we set a date for next summer (09) it is possible for this to happen. We have to give everyone ample time to plan, save $$ and make arrangements. I think it should start with asking Aldrine, Ryan, Aaron AND Danyo when it would work out for them. Right now they are probably CRAZY with the planning and arranging for this years tour. Perhaps we can bring it up with them when they are here.

No kidding and we need to have Aldrine get with Jake to see if he would be willing to make an appearance and perhaps play a couple songs.

i think it is about equal amount of members in the bay area. not to mention i have countless friends that havent signed up yet. which they should, and mike dasilvas shop with more bay area orginizations of uke playing.

i think it is about equal amount of members in the bay area. not to mention i have countless friends that havent signed up yet. which they should, and mike dasilvas shop with more bay area orginizations of uke playing.
Yes, and you'd get all those crazy people in the Santa Cruz uke club. Hey, has anyone contacted that club to let them know about the guys playing at dasilvas? I'm sure some of them would come up for that. They've got a huge following. Here's a contact:
andy@cruzio.com I would let them know, but it should come from a moderator, maybe.

Yes, and you'd get all those crazy people in the Santa Cruz uke club. Hey, has anyone contacted that club to let them know about the guys playing at dasilvas? I'm sure some of them would come up for that. They've got a huge following. Here's a contact:
andy@cruzio.com I would let them know, but it should come from a moderator, maybe.

oh brah why did you have to remind me about them haha.

ill email them, but i think it might be too late now.

NemyAus we live in the same state, want to jam this summer?

oh brah why did you have to remind me about them haha.

ill email them, but i think it might be too late now.
Too late for what? To schedule the guys to go there? No, I meant some of their members are sure to drive up to dasilvas to see the show. It's not that far.....

Too late for what? To schedule the guys to go there? No, I meant some of their members are sure to drive up to dasilvas to see the show. It's not that far.....

ya but its a little bit under short notice, especially friday night traffic, its not fun what so ever.

but ill send the email out...

Top Bottom