im thinking of buying an eleuke. what do you think?

SamJ1206

Reaction score
im looking to get the EleUke Soprano SC-100 PHP/R - Rosewood

http://www.theukuleleshop.co.uk/acatalog/EleUke.html

but amnot too sue whether to or not.

has anyone have any experience with one

or know anything about them?

or even just an oppinion

anything that could halp me decide

:)

i love mine (well I have the concert scale, but I think the only different may be the neck length). i use it all the time. I pair it with a Line 6 "Spider III" 15 watt amp and get all sorts of funky sounds out of it.

it takes a bit of getting used to. I don't really like the fretboard. It kinda seems like scrap wood just kinda thrown into the mix. It's kinda grainy looking. But that doesn't stop me at all, and it sounds good. The intonation is good too. All in all, I like it a lot.

Now, if only I could learn Bow Chicka Wow Wow on it, I'd be golden...tutorial anyone???:confused:

I'm not sure where you are located, but I got mine from MusicGuyMic on ebay. He posts frequently on here.

Last edited:
im in england

i was plannin on buying it from theukuleleshop.co.uk, but i havent really shopped round. ive read upon some reviews, and they all pretty much agree with what you said

thanks for the advice

I have a TC-100 MHP and I love it.

It sounds nice amped, it plays well, it looks cool hanging on the wall... And I cannot overstate the sheer awesomeness of how nice it is to have a uke that is so quiet when it's unplugged. It's nearly inaudible with stock GHS's, and while it's louder with Aquilas, it's still not loud enough to be heard in the next room.

I play this uke probably the most of my ukes largely because I can play it at two a.m. without bothering my roommates or neighbors.

my bugsgear:
IMAGE_814.jpg

here's my risa too:
DSC00805.jpg

I think i like my Eleuke better than the ukestick for playing music. I love the Risa for driving around, travelling, and playing at work.

ive just bought it now :)

should be here in 5-8 days

cant wait for itt to comee :)

cheers for the advice!

Enjoy it. They're quite good and well made, with good intonation. They sound like an amplified nylon string guitar, but that's okay. Mine had a headphone jack which really pleased my wife. I have since traded it or an Applause.... but it wasn't a bad little uke.

thats the reason i really bought it, for the head phone jack. its more just so a can practise at night and in situations like that. apparently it should be here on friday or monday according to them

Enjoy it. They're quite good and well made, with good intonation. They sound like an amplified nylon string guitar, but that's okay. Mine had a headphone jack which really pleased my wife. I have since traded it or an Applause.... but it wasn't a bad little uke.

That's funny, 'cause I traded my Applause out for an Eleuke.

Hey, that Risa stick looks familiar! ;) I played an eleuke for a little bit, and I'll echo what everyone else has said. I think the frets were finished off better than I've read online though, so that's good. The body itself looks really nice also.

Electric ukes are too cool for school. My uklectic (yet another type made by a guy in Wales) gets the most play time. If you want lots of effects while playing through headphones, consider the Line 6 Pocketpod.

But also consider getting decent headphones regardless. Something that's an AKG 240s or better. Also the Beyerdynamic dt250/80ohm would be great. Seinnheiser 280 pro if nothing else is available. For earbuds I'd recommend Yuin pk-1s (look like stock earbuds but made with love by audiophiles), or for in-ear monitors I'd recommend probably the Shure E530s. The caveat is that I've not heard the Shures, but from all the descriptions of the sound signature, it should suit playing a uke.

Why do headphones matter? Because what's the point if you're just plugging in crappy stock earbuds? It won't sound like anything. Good headphones will let you actually hear what it sounds like.

one of the things some of you fail to mention is that there are models with built in heaphone preamps and some that are truly just electric......needing a outboard preamp to power the headphones....

Top Bottom