Uke on Glee!

pdxuke

Reaction score
Tonight on Fox, GLEE! had the main character playing a uke. Anybody see it and know what brand?

I believe it was a Lanikai Spalted Mango concert if I remember the size correctly!

I saw it, too, and was wondering the same thing!

It was nice seeing a uke again on Glee.

But what was really refreshing was that the entire scene seemed to be recorded right there in the room. No autotune. No multitracking. The actor was really just strumming the uke and singing with the kids "for real", live and unplugged. You don't see that too often on that show.

J

I believe it was a Lanikai Spalted Mango concert if I remember the size correctly!

Yep, that's what it was! They used that same uke in their concert tour last summer.

Anyways, I thought it was a cute scene. :)

Glee is ok except for all the singing and dancing and no I didn't see the uke as I don't watch glee due to being male, over the age of ten and straight.

I'm not sure how liking a show is somehow indicative of your sexual orientation, but hey, thanks for telling us your feelings!

And I dont watch glee and I'm male and over the age of ten and not straight, so that makes us buddies, eh?

I'm over 10, male, straight, and I watch Glee (for what it's worth...) :)

Did you notice that when they were walking down the hall arguing about whether or not to go in there was no ukulele case to be seen, but it magically appeared when they got in the room?

Glee is ok except for all the singing and dancing and no I didn't see the uke as I don't watch glee due to being male, over the age of ten and straight.

Wow I know tons of straight guys who watch Glee. I really don't think watching Glee indicates whether you're gay or not...

I have the tenor version of that ukulele, so I'm moderately pleased, though otherwise, Glee does make my teeth ache with impotent hatred. (Yes, I do watch it. I realise this makes me a hypocrite. For some reason, I just can't look away, even though I spend every episode yelling at the screen.)

However, now that I think of it, I'm not entirely convinced that that's the Lanikai. The headstock is too dark. Ah well.

Last edited:
though otherwise, Glee does make my teeth ache with impotent hatred. (Yes, I do watch it. I realise this makes me a hypocrite. For some reason, I just can't look away, even though I spend every episode yelling at the screen.)

Oh I hear ya. Sometimes I yell at Rachel because she really annoys me to no end. If I'd known a girl like her in my choir in high school, I would have despised her, haha.

I also don't like all the autotuning they use. It really sounds fake especially when they're clearly in the practice room with a piano but it suddenly and miraculously turns into a full orchestra. Ah well.

However, now that I think of it, I'm not entirely convinced that that's the Lanikai. The headstock is too dark. Ah well.

I have the exact same spalted mango Lanikai that he was playing. It was definitely the Lanikai. (Not to mention it was my husband who is male and over the age of 10 who noticed - he yelled out, "Hey - that's YOUR uke!)

We've seen Matthew Morrison (the lead guy) play uke before on the series. I've read that apparently when he was auditioning for the show, he played ukulele and that was one of the stand out things that got him the part.

Well, I thought it looked almost exactly like the Lanikai, except that the headstock seemed to be black (mine is spalted mango, and those of the concerts I've been able to find online ALSO seem to be spalted mango). Maybe I just couldn't see it properly because I was viewing the episode online in a tiny little window.

What song did they sing with the ukulele?

@wickedwahine11 - Did you see in that article about the Bill Cosby Kamaka, they mention that Matthew Morrison recently bought himself one - Glee UAS?

What song did they sing with the ukulele?

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine"

Mr. Schuster took the uke (and Sue) with him to the children's cancer ward at the hospital. The cutest part was, when he walked in the door he said "I brought my little buddy with me!" and held up the uke case and the kids cheered.

Top Bottom