What Strings??

mendel

Reaction score
I have to replace the strings in my Lanikai LU21-C. There are no stores in my area that sell Uke strings, and Ido not know what kind to order. Can anyone tell me what kind (brand and size) as well as where I might be able to get them? Thanks, in advance.

Aquila on laminates are good. My favorites are worth clear. Ebay has all that u need. Good luck.

Aquilas for brightness, Worth clears for sweetness.

Aloha Medel,
Everyone's sound preference is different, we're not sure if youn prefer brightness or richness...Happy Stummings...
Aquilla are good for brightness and Worths are a little richer, I prefer Martin M600....but different strings on different ukes may sound different and preform different too..
Good Luck...MM stan.

I'm not sure I know the difference between richness and sweetness yet. Regardless, I think that both my current Uke, as well as my playing are not at a level where that matters yet. Now- once Bradford makes my custom Uke, then the only thing lacking will be my playing. I'll probably spend a lifetime trying to feel worthy of that instrument. I just ordered three sets of Aquila strings on eBay. Now I just need to learn how to change the strings! When I played guitar, there were bridge pins. My Uke is a tie through. I'm sure I will get it though!!! Thanks for the info guys!!! Good night!!!

I'm not sure I know the difference between richness and sweetness yet. Regardless, I think that both my current Uke, as well as my playing are not at a level where that matters yet. Now- once Bradford makes my custom Uke, then the only thing lacking will be my playing. I'll probably spend a lifetime trying to feel worthy of that instrument. I just ordered three sets of Aquila strings on eBay. Now I just need to learn how to change the strings! When I played guitar, there were bridge pins. My Uke is a tie through. I'm sure I will get it though!!! Thanks for the info guys!!! Good night!!!

This helped me... http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/stringsKnots.html

I found that diagram at myamoe too, and I can't make heads or tails of it. It looks like the perfect knot for bridge pins. Too bad that no one anywhere knows how to tie one, and the diagram makes no sense. But that's ok, because knot-tying tutorials of how to do it are even worse. It was trying to tie that frakking knot that made me take 6 hours to string the Kanile'a. If I hadn't been so bothered about trying that specific knot, it wouldn't have taken anytime at all, Kanile'a made an easy-to-string pin bridge.

I found that diagram at myamoe too, and I can't make heads or tails of it. It looks like the perfect knot for bridge pins. Too bad that no one anywhere knows how to tie one, and the diagram makes no sense. But that's ok, because knot-tying tutorials of how to do it are even worse. It was trying to tie that frakking knot that made me take 6 hours to string the Kanile'a. If I hadn't been so bothered about trying that specific knot, it wouldn't have taken anytime at all, Kanile'a made an easy-to-string pin bridge.

sorry you had so much trouble with it plainsong... I was able to tie mine up without a hitch with that diagram, and struggled with other videos and such that I saw.

Top Bottom