PDA

View Full Version : Fender Ukulele - Nohea

dip.mojica
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey guys!

This is my first post here. I'm new to ukuleles, and really eager to learn! I'm getting my frist ukulele tomorrow, the fender Nohea. I've read mixed reviews on this ukulele, but I'm really drawn to it. I really hope I don't regret this purchase! I'll be sure to write mt initial feelings about it as soon as i get it. I've read a couple of threads about it, but there was none that really swayed me one way or another. Hopefully I'll be able to give good input to this community to help those who are also looking at this ukulele. I know that this is only the beginning, and I'll eventually want another, better ukulele, but I'm going to (hopefully) learn a lot with this fender before even thinking about upgrading.

Nico

mm stan
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Aloha Nico,
Lots of UU members in your area....Welcome to the UU and our forums and then ukulele..Have fun and enjoy...google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for
songs, chords, and instruction...Happy Strummings....MM Stan

dip.mojica
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
so i received the ukulele today. My first impressions are that it looks beautiful! i just love how it looks! it sounds really good too, but i have nothing other than my room mates 20$ mahalo soprano to compare it to. I'm really happy with my purchase. i'm going to be playing it a lot these next few days to see if i want to keep it ro not. I'll post some photos soon! :D

Gmoney
02-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Aloha & welcome to UU & to the Fender clan. I have a Nohea that I just put a pickup in last weekend & I gave one to my son who lives in Charleston back in November. Its not a bad starter uke & now that they are putting Aquila strings on it from the factory, it sounds good out of the box. I'm sure you will enjoy it. My son likes his so much, he bought another Fender - the lower end Hau'oli.

Mahalo!

Nickie
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Congrats on your new uke. May you play it in good health!

dip.mojica
02-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys! This is such a great community. I'm going to try to play as much as I can. Any recommendations on how i should approach learning the ukulele?

dip.mojica
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Just posted my thoughts on the ukulele after around a week and a half of owning it!

http://ukulelejourney.blogspot.com/2011/02/fender-nohea-koa-tenor-ukulele-review.html

ukulelecowboy
02-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Nico,

I have the Fender Pa'ina. The solid mahogany model. I really like it.

I see from your blog that you're a SCAD student. My wife and I taught at Valdosta State years ago and used to go to Savannah all the time. I also had several friends and colleagues that taught at SCAD in the video department. It was a really different place back then...

Enjoy your new Fender!

Mike

dip.mojica
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Nico,

I have the Fender Pa'ina. The solid mahogany model. I really like it.

I see from your blog that you're a SCAD student. My wife and I taught at Valdosta State years ago and used to go to Savannah all the time. I also had several friends and colleagues that taught at SCAD in the video department. It was a really different place back then...

Enjoy your new Fender!

Mike

Thats awesome! I'm loving it here in Savannah.
I really wanted the sold mahogany model, but it was way out of my budget, so i settled for the Nohea. I'm 100% happy though!

PhilUSAFRet
03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Visited your blog. Many of us believe that loving your first uke may be a determining factor in how much you play it which leads to increased learning and practice. Congratulations. I am happy for you that you love it. Have you checked out Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp? We look forward to hearing about your progress. Do you ever eat at the Pirate's Cove? We loved it when we visited Savannah.

dip.mojica
03-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Visited your blog. Many of us believe that loving your first uke may be a determining factor in how much you play it which leads to increased learning and practice. Congratulations. I am happy for you that you love it. Have you checked out Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp? We look forward to hearing about your progress. Do you ever eat at the Pirate's Cove? We loved it when we visited Savannah.

I've tried downloading it, but the link doesnt seem to work for me. is there an alternate way to download it? Also, I havent eaten there yet! I don't even think I've hearned of it. I really haven't expored Savannah, and everythign it has to offer. Too busy with school at the moment haha!

PhilUSAFRet
03-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Here's Uncle Rod's stuff:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/QB7udDJq/Free_Booklet_.html