More on The Daily Ukulele

fitncrafty

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have to express what a bummer it was tonight when my daughter and I were going through my new book and realized that 11 pages are missing out of it! (big sigh)
I wrote amazon customer service (they responded in like 5 minutes) and they are sending another one out, then I will send this one back. ( I have 30 days)

I played a few songs today and my daughter borrowed it as she was enjoying playing the simple melody lines on her violin and flute...

Just my luck. It's so big if my daughter didn't check the Index for something specific I would have never noticed.....

Sorry about getting a bum book. I love the Daily Ukulele book and after two months and playing songs from it almost daily I am still discovering little jewels. I hope you enjoy it as much have.

hee hee- sure you can make do with what is in the bum book until the new one gets there. Hat is way off to Mr. Beloff for creating an immediate and interesting (OK- what is with all the Beatles songs?)repertoire for beginners

I just bought the Daily Ukulele songbook. I haven't' had time to open it yet, but I'm going to make time now.

We had a bunch of them at the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway, (Note: The 2011 Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway will take place on November 4th, 5th & 6th go to www.tampabayukulele.com for info!) and a few were missing pages here and there too..

I'll be cheeking mine out completely when it arrive next week :)

JT

Aloha Fitncrafty,
Sorry you have a bad book, which pages are missing from yours.....Nice to hear Amazon is on top of it with service.....Thanks for Sharing and enjoy the book...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Hi fitncrafty,

Isn't it an awesome book, and so great that you and your lovely daughter can use it to jam together. Happy days buddy! Excellent job on your latest tune, by the way... :)

That sucks! But great Amazon are on top of it! Hopefully, they'll get it to you soon!

I certainly did post to dis amazon. Since discovering it last night, the new one has already shipped. Mostly just wanted to say check your books because it's so big! It is an awesome book, and I am pleased that I wont be the only one in the house using.
Not to mention there is plenty to play in the meantime...

I just ordered my copy of it yesterday from Borders online. I had a gift card that a customer gave me two Christmas' ago that I finally used. I will check my book when it arrives. What were some of the songs that were missing from your book so I can be on the lookout for them?

I just ordered my copy of it yesterday from Borders online. I had a gift card that a customer gave me two Christmas' ago that I finally used. I will check my book when it arrives. What were some of the songs that were missing from your book so I can be on the lookout for them?
-
The book is great overall, I went through it and didn't notice until my daughter was looking for a specific song, it was pages 185-206 completely gone from the book. I will go through and check every page in the new book. Amazon rocks it's already shipped!

Good luck I hope your book comes in tact with all pages!

-
The book is great overall, I went through it and didn't notice until my daughter was looking for a specific song, it was pages 185-206 completely gone from the book. I will go through and check every page in the new book. Amazon rocks it's already shipped!

Good luck I hope your book comes in tact with all pages!

Thanks fitncrafty

That is the major problem with anything with a comb binding - if the pages are slightly out-of-kilter before the binding is inserted, or the holes are punched, the pages fall out.

I learned that around 35 years ago, working one summer at a printing company.

The hardest part, after the pages fell out, was finding which of the books were missing pages; The there was the re-collating and binding!

(I checked my copy after reading this thread - it is 100% intact.)

-Kurt

I just ordered my copy of it yesterday from Borders online. I had a gift card that a customer gave me two Christmas' ago that I finally used

And a good thing, too. If you waited much longer, you might've been out of luck. :-(

JJ

Top Bottom