ukeeku
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
New Place this year!
It will be September 24, 2011
Check it out and stay tuned for more info
www.Mufest.com

jima
02-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Ooh, that's a bummer. I enjoyed being able to walk to the Coffee House from our downtown hotel last year. Plus, the old venue is closer to the Amtrak station, which was good for those of us who weren't relying on cars. Still, it looks like the new venue is reachable by public transportation from Milwaukee (the #10 bus will be our new friend), so that's a good thing. I'll have to work on more Chicago peeps, so we can hopefully carpool up there.

hoosierhiver
02-17-2011, 08:33 AM
The Milwaukee fest is a great time. After two years they already outgrew there original venue. Lil'Rev is making an effort to totally change the line-up every year to expose folks to new performers at each yearly fest.

ukeeku
02-17-2011, 10:58 AM
The Milwaukee fest is a great time. After two years they already outgrew there original venue. Lil'Rev is making an effort to totally change the line-up every year to expose folks to new performers at each yearly fest.

Are you going to be there again selling ukes?

AncientMatingCalls
02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I am all over this. This will be my first ukulele anything.

Craig Chee
02-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm so excited to be there :)

Uke Whisperer
02-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Visit kids/grandkids, H.D. plant tour/museum and Ukulele Festival, all in one week! "Working" on this plan!

cb56
02-25-2011, 04:50 PM
we are planning on bringing our group up there, Can't wait for tix to go on sale.

Craig Chee
02-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to see you guys there!

seeso
02-26-2011, 05:58 AM
I will be co-leading a progressive ukulele arranging workshop with Dominator and Ukejon Prown.

Faricelli
02-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Brewers have a home stand that weekend against the Marlins. Might have to catch a game too.

sukie
02-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Brewers have a home stand that weekend against the Marlins. Might have to catch a game too.

I'm in. :-)

Hankthetank
02-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Get me a ticket. I'll go too.

seeso
02-26-2011, 02:28 PM

Let's do it.

Faricelli
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds good we will work details out when it gets closer.

Jane
03-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Went to last year's event...really enjoyed the workshops, but, unfortunately, was unable to stay for the concert. This year, I hope to enjoy it all!

Looking forward to it....

keedokes
03-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Let's do it.

We can take our ukes and sing take me out to the ball game.

hoosierhiver
03-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Are you going to be there again selling ukes?

For sure it's a great fest

jima
03-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Went to last year's event...really enjoyed the workshops, but, unfortunately, was unable to stay for the concert. This year, I hope to enjoy it all!

Definitely stay for the concert! We did, and I ended up winning a raffle prize!

ukeeku
04-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Just updated the site, Tickets go on sale May 2nd and will be sold on the venue site ( http://www.sunsetplayhouse.com )
Check out the performers and classes http://mufest.com/
10 great classes, and to top it all off Dominator, Seeso and Jon are playing again!

bassfiddlesteve
04-10-2011, 04:12 PM
The Barnkickers will be performing and I'll be presenting a workshop on chord melody playing. Amanda and I are really looking forward to seeing some of our friends in the ukulele world including Seeso, Mike & Tookta from Mainland, Rob Bourassa, Gerald Ross and of course Lil' Rev who, like Gerald and Mike, was recently here in Florida.

- Steve

sukie
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Are Brewers ticket's as hard to get as Twin's tickets?

AncientMatingCalls
04-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Are Brewers ticket's as hard to get as Twin's tickets?

I doubt it, though I haven't tried in a while. I saw two games last year, I won the tickets to both, but there were plenty of empty seats to be had at both.

cb56
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
'nuff said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRYiq2Usek

bassfiddlesteve
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
'nuff said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRYiq2Usek

I met Rob Bourassa at the NY Ukefest last year and enjoyed jamming with him since he knows all those old songs I like. He is an awesome musician and it will be nice to see him again.

- Steve

Ukester Brown
05-03-2011, 02:25 AM
It says on the mufest website the tickets are available June 1st.
It looks like another great line up with some great seminars and music opportunities.
I'll be there again. It's a fun time to meet and learn.

hoosierhiver
05-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Definitely a great event. Mainland will be there again this year.

ukeeku
06-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Just updated the webpage. Tickets are for sale on line
http://mufest.com

cb56
06-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks. ordering soon!

cheekmeat
06-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I really want to get up there this year. Last year I was gonna head to it and got super sick that friday. I was very disappointed.

hoosierhiver
06-23-2011, 10:12 AM
It's a fun fest with a wide range of attendees. Could easily be made into a two day event.

chicago911
06-26-2011, 01:09 PM
I am going to have to make this one. Is there a workshop fee? sign me up seeso

seeso
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I am going to have to make this one. Is there a workshop fee? sign me up seeso

Here ya go, Susy:

http://mufest.com/tickets/

Ukulelerob
07-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Bumpity bump.

hoosierhiver
07-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow! A Ukulele fest in my hometown! But $65? Ouch!

It's a long day, full of alot of workshops, jams and ukuleles.

Knotical
09-01-2011, 09:37 AM
How do you sign up for workshops? Or is it just festival seating/first come, etc.?

If that's the case, I can imagine these being pretty crowded.

hoosierhiver
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
How do you sign up for workshops? Or is it just festival seating/first come, etc.?

No sign up as far as I know. Last year there was enough space and this year's venue will be larger.

Knotical
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM

No sign up as far as I know. Last year there was enough space and this year's venue will be larger.

Maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of the ukulele in the region. On average, how many folks sat in on each workshop last year?

10? 20? 50? More than 50?

hoosierhiver
09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe I'm overestimating the popularity of the ukulele in the region. On average, how many folks sat in on each workshop last year?

10? 20? 50? More than 50?

I was vending so I missed alot of that, but I'd guess 20-30 people.

Knotical
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Anyone in Lake County, IL interested in riding up to the festival with me? I'm planning on doing the whole day thing.

cb56
09-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Can't wait! This will be my first uke festival.Bringing the family.

RyRod
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I really want to attend as well. I'm trying to find out who else from the local S.E. Michigan groups is going.

Dominator
09-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I really want to attend as well. I'm trying to find out who else from the local S.E. Michigan groups is going.

Ryan, you got go. Gerald Ross will be there also. Would be great to meet you and jam a few tunes.

RyRod
09-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm looking into everything right now.

So far I've only heard from one person from around here, but it's early.

Where's everyone staying, or what's recommended?

I looked at the Super 8, Country Inn and some others.

cb56
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
A couple of days away.......:D
This will be my first Uke Fest!!!!

ukeeku
09-20-2011, 01:36 AM
A couple of days away.......:D
This will be my first Uke Fest!!!!
That is awesome. is the whole family coming?

cb56
09-20-2011, 01:47 AM
My wife and her two daughters. Mother in law decided to stay home. Maybe she'll change her mind last minute.
How many ukes are you taking Tim? I'm thinking about the banjo uke and one tenor.

Knotical
09-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I still have not ordered my ticket and I have been wondering, what are the pros & cons or buying the ticket in advance online? I see there is a $3.50 service fee for buying online.

Is there any benefit one way or the other?

RyRod
09-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I still have not ordered my ticket and I have been wondering, what are the pros & cons or buying the ticket in advance online? I see there is a $3.50 service fee for buying online.

Is there any benefit one way or the other?

I ordered mine online and I'm starting to rethink that decision. I leave Thursday morning, so that gives me 1 more day to get it because my mail comes later in the day. I hope they honor the confirmation. It's not my fault they suck at mailing on-time. I live 5 hours away, it shouldn't take this long.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone though!

Knotical
09-20-2011, 09:02 AM
I ordered mine online and I'm starting to rethink that decision. I leave Thursday morning, so that gives me 1 more day to get it because my mail comes later in the day. I hope they honor the confirmation. It's not my fault they suck at mailing on-time. I live 5 hours away, it shouldn't take this long.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone though!

The delivery options I see are 1) will-call or 2) e-ticket. I am assuming e-ticket means something I could print out immediately and carry to the venue. Am I mistaken?

RyRod
09-20-2011, 09:29 AM
The delivery options I see are 1) will-call or 2) e-ticket. I am assuming e-ticket means something I could print out immediately and carry to the venue. Am I mistaken?

Yes, I'm sorry for any confusion, an e-ticket is another option. In hindsight, I should have gone that route.

ukeeku
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
My wife and her two daughters. Mother in law decided to stay home. Maybe she'll change her mind last minute.
How many ukes are you taking Tim? I'm thinking about the banjo uke and one tenor.

:o:o 7? :o:o

Knotical
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
So with this venue that I've never been to . . . What's the food & drink situation?

ukeeku
09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
So with this venue that I've never been to . . . What's the food & drink situation?
the last 2 had cookies, cakes, chips and drinks for sale all day. and for lunch there were options for lunch at the venue. many went to a local dinner down the way. that being said, this is a new venue and I have heard nothing about food. I assume that ther are a lot more places to eat near by since it is in an actual venue and not a church.
I will ask and see what they say.

chicago911
09-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Where are you staying Normal Tim?

William L
09-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Where's the party Friday night?

hoosierhiver
09-21-2011, 03:47 AM
the last 2 had cookies, cakes, chips and drinks for sale all day. and for lunch there were options for lunch at the venue. many went to a local dinner down the way. that being said, this is a new venue and I have heard nothing about food. I assume that ther are a lot more places to eat near by since it is in an actual venue and not a church.
I will ask and see what they say.

I got an email from Rev about vending and he mentioned a kitchen entrance.

ukeeku
09-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Where are you staying Normal Tim?
Out at a house about 30 minutes away.

RyRod
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
I sent an e-mail to the playhouse box office early this morning and told them that I haven't gotten my tickets yet. The mail came today and still nothing. They got back to me and told said that they have been having problems with VENDINI. I guess they've been failing to tell Sunset Playhouse about some of the orders in need of mailing.

They are holding mine at the box office for pickup the day of the fest.

Just a heads up to anyone who went stone age and didn't get their tickets in the mail.

JT_Ukes
09-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Don't Miss The Barnkickers!

Steve and Amanda always rock the house Bass and Uke style!

Have fun guys!

JT

chicago911
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I just saw this after i asked on fb. ok i still have a tuner for you. i'll find you at the fest then

cb56
09-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Hitting the road this morning! See you all there.

AncientMatingCalls
09-23-2011, 07:20 AM
One day and counting.

kegmcnabb
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Can tickets be purchased at the door?

chicago911
09-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Yes

Knotical
09-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Seeso, I have a nametag for you. Seek me out.

RyRod
09-25-2011, 10:25 AM
I have 3 hours until my train, so while I'm sitting here at Union Station waiting I'll type something out.

This was my first uke fest and it was a blast. I stayed with a great group of people who made the experience even better. The actual festival was pretty good too. Most of the workshops catered to less experienced players but Dom, Jon, and Craig Chee's lessons were worth it. I won't even get started on the afterparty....

It was awesome to finally meet the Dominator and Jon Prown, these guys are amazing players and people. Craig Chee was also cool. We got down on some Jawaiian stuff at the bar. This guy has some incredible talent. If he comes to a city near you I suggest you go see him.

I'd also like to thank Tim(Ol'goat). He dropped me off here at the station, but only after a quick tour of Downtown Chicago. He didn't have to do that but I'm glad he did.

Good times.

Don't get me started on Faricelli....

cb56
09-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Just got back home. It was great! Loved it.

olgoat52
09-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I have 3 hours until my train, so while I'm sitting here at Union Station waiting I'll type something out.

This was my first uke fest and it was a blast. I stayed with a great group of people who made the experience even better. The actual festival was pretty good too. Most of the workshops catered to less experienced players but Dom, Jon, and Craig Chee's lessons were worth it. I won't even get started on the afterparty....

It was awesome to finally meet the Dominator and Jon Prown, these guys are amazing players and people. Craig Chee was also cool. We got down on some Jawaiian stuff at the bar. This guy has some incredible talent. If he comes to a city near you I suggest you go see him.

I'd also like to thank Tim(Ol'goat). He dropped me off here at the station, but only after a quick tour of Downtown Chicago. He didn't have to do that but I'm glad he did.

Good times.

Don't get me started on Faricelli....

Great to meet you Ryan. Quite a little adventure eh? Ryan did some amazing playing at the lake house and I'm sure it was very good at the after party too if anyone could have heard anything. :) All the best to you. Hope our paths cross again sometime.

Ukulelerob
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
We got lost going to the after party, then ended up just going back to our motel. It would have been nice to have stopped in for a few minutes, but I was almost falling asleep standing up.

olgoat52
09-25-2011, 01:23 PM
We got lost going to the after party, then ended up just going back to our motel. It would have been nice to have stopped in for a few minutes, but I was almost falling asleep standing up.

Yeah it was a mess finding the after party. They had detours up everywhere and when we got there, they had already sent the staff home because they thought we were going to be there at 10:00. Concert didn't end till after 10:30. We got to drink but no food. One bartender made drink service really slow. Everyone had a great time regardless.

Sorry you guys didn't make it.

TWC

ukejon
09-26-2011, 01:19 AM
...yeah that bartender was working hard. Plus she had to listen to a bunch of slightly inebriated uke players sing and play.
Fun event all around.

hoosierhiver
09-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Hat's off to Rev for another great festival.
There were some excellent workshops and performances, a great value every year.
Next year's date has been announced for Oct 20th.

JoniB is working on a New Year's gig for Lil Rev in the Indianapolis area, if you've never seen Rev perform you should check it out.

ukeeku
09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
There were some excellent workshops and performances, a great value every year.
Next year's date has been announced for Oct 20th.

JoniB is working on a New Year's gig for Lil Rev in the Indianapolis area, if you've never seen Rev perform you should check it out.

Next year? I was under the impression that it was going to be every other year from now on. I hoped that was not true.
Best of the three so far. the venue was nice, and the workshops were great.
Wished the vendor area was in a place that workshops were not going on in.

hoosierhiver
09-26-2011, 08:30 AM

I agree, it was nice that I could at least hear some of the workshops, but it cut into the time people could browse,try ukes and ask questions.

seeso
09-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Seeso, I have a nametag for you. Seek me out.

Thanks for the name tag, dude.

This was my first uke fest and it was a blast.

Awesome to meet you again, and even better to hang out with you and listen to you play. You're great, dude.

Just got back home. It was great! Loved it.

Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet ya. Next year?

I was wondering where you guys went. You guys were missed.

Everyone had a great time regardless.

For sure. I still have "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" stuck in my head (the only song Ryan sang).

...yeah that bartender was working hard. Plus she had to listen to a bunch of slightly inebriated uke players sing and play.

Slightly? ;)

Good to see you again, Mike. Hope to see you at UITW.

Dominator
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
It was awesome to finally meet the Dominator and Jon Prown,

Ryan, was great to finally meet you also. Next time we have to make time to sneak into a corner somewhere and do some jamming together.

If I go visit my sister again in Michigan I will let you know in advance and maybe we can get together with Gerald Ross and knock down some tunes.

cb56
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet ya. Next year?

We're already talking about coming next year. You played in the 5 o'clock concert right? So I did get to hear you play a bit. It was all very awsome but I did wish I could have backed you guys up with my Ubass on "Hotel California";)

olgoat52
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
OMG! These brats are amazing. And the buns are truly exceptional. :) (13 more to go)

RyRod
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
OMG! These brats are amazing. And the buns are truly exceptional. :) (13 more to go)

It's too bad we didn't get to enjoy them... :iwant:

olgoat52
09-26-2011, 05:27 PM
It's too bad we didn't get to enjoy them... :iwant:

c'est la guerre.. ;)

Craig Chee
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I had an amazing time!!! Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. It was great to see so many attendees extremely eager to learn! Hopefully I'll see you all soon at another festival, thank you again!

And it was so cool to have the album finished just in time :)

cb56
09-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Great job opening the concert Craig! We really enjoyed your music.

bassfiddlesteve
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
There's a huge photo album on facbook from this event. Michael Nepper was the official event photographer and he did a nice job. Here's a link (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150338593662722&type=1).

- Steve

cb56
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the link steve. you guys did a great job too. My step daughter bought your CD and we've been listening to it alot this week.

bassfiddlesteve
09-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the link steve. you guys did a great job too. My step daughter bought your CD and we've been listening to it alot this week.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

- Steve

olgoat52
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Micheals photos were great! Good color, sharp and well posed. He did a great job IMHO.

There's a huge photo album on facbook from this event. Michael Nepper was the official event photographer and he did a nice job. Here's a link (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150338593662722&type=1).

- Steve

olgoat52
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Those were some good tunes at the after party too. Nice job.

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

- Steve

UkuleleThreads
10-01-2011, 06:21 AM
I was at the Milwaukee fest and it was a blast - I just moved to the Milwaukee area and I would love to to have some jam friends...who's out there?

seeso
10-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I was at the Milwaukee fest and it was a blast - I just moved to the Milwaukee area and I would love to to have some jam friends...who's out there?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/70868967721/

UkuleleThreads
10-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Seeso - your original tune at the Milwaukee fest has stirred feelings in me I am not sure how to explain. Great tune, thanks for singing it, great job.

hoosierhiver
10-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Next year? I was under the impression that it was going to be every other year from now on. I hoped that was not true.
Best of the three so far. the venue was nice, and the workshops were great.

Just rechecked my latest email from Rev, he said the next fest will be Oct 20th 2012.

seeso
10-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Seeso - your original tune at the Milwaukee fest has stirred feelings in me I am not sure how to explain. Great tune, thanks for singing it, great job.

Don't fight the queen in ya!