My Rotary Program = ukuleles!!!

Penguinofsorts

Reaction score
So, it's my week to have a program for my Rotary club. Since I don't really know anyone in the community to give a program except for the people already in Rotary, I'm going to give a little ukulele presentation!!! I unfortunately don't have the tenor that I was supposed to get last week (it was the wrong one, so I sent it back!), but I have my toy story uke, my makala dolphin, my mainland mahogany concert and my morgan monroe banjo uke!!

I plan to explain a bit about the uke's and different sizes and my setlist is:
- She's Got You - Patsy Cline - mainland
- Act Naturally - Buck Owens - mainland
- Ain't She Sweet - banjo-uke
- Five foot Two - Banjo uke
- My Dog Has Fleas - Makala Dolphin
- You've Got a Friend in Me - Randy Newman - Toy Story Uke
- Octopus's Garden - Beatles' - Makala Dolphin
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Mainland
- Walkin' After Midnight - Patsy Cline - Mainland

I'm so nervous! I've been practicing all morning!!! It's technically my first solo set...and even though it's going to be acoustic only and in front of 20 or so people at a restaurant, I'm really excited :)

Here I go...

Good Luck!!! I'm sure you'll do fine, let us know how it goes!

That's a great idea! Break a leg

Whew...that was really fun! They seemed surprised about how the ukuleles sounded in general and really liked it. They've asked me to do a repeat performance for Secretary's Day! I was doing GREAT until they got out the phones and started recording...and then I fell apart for a song or two...but I got it back :) I have this 'speeding up' problem when I get nervous (and sweaty...and shaking...). But I had a GREAT time and I really want to do it more!

My ukulele group (The Ukulele Fight Club of Greater St. Louis) is practicing tonight? for our part of a Johnny Cash tribute show...so I get LOTS of ukulele today!

Aloha Penguinof sorts,
Congrats..We all get neverous the first time we play in front of a crowd.....Knock them dead!! Nice list.....try to relax and have fun...Let us know how it goes..Nice list of songs, I assume they are your favorites... Happy Strummings....Buddy!! MM Stan..

Top Bottom