Hawaii locals in the 808...Kamaka on KHON2 at 5pm today

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Saw this on the Kamaka Facebook page today, "Our 95 year-old company will be featured this evening at 5pm on KHON2 News. At a time when many longtime local businesses have shut their doors, they've put together a series this week of family businesses that are still around. The series is called "Going Strong": Kaimuki Dry Goods, Uyeda's Shoe Store, and tonight, KAMAKA HAWAII, INC."

Alas, I'm not going to be in Oahu until Wednesday, so I'm hoping that it will be posted on the KHON2 website after it airs, as they do have a link to an earlier segment about Kamaka on "Glee."
http://www.khon2.com/search/sitesearch.aspx?q=kamaka

Plus, the Going Strong segments on Kaimuki Dry Goods and Uyeda's are online already.

Last edited:
Aloha WW11,
Mahalo for sharing, I guess I missed that here...gee sometimes I wonder if you lived here...Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

Aloha WW11,
Mahalo for sharing, I guess I missed that here...gee sometimes I wonder if you lived here...Happy Strummings...MM Stan..

Ha, don't I wish! I have to settle for three or four visits a year, and daily reading of the Star Advertiser, along with subscriptions to Hawaii magazine, Hana Hou and Maui No Ka Oi magazine. :)

Cool - thanks for the info and the links.

Thanks for posting that. Nice story. A visit to the Kamaka factory is on my must-do list for my next trip to Oahu (not until April 2012 unfortunately).

Mahalo WW for the link!!!!

Top Bottom