capo users

aven

Reaction score
would a 6 string kyser quick change guitar capo work on a kala tenor uke without messing up the uke at all? i see kyser puts out a similar/smaller capo for banjo/mandolin that works on a uke as well but i'd rather not spend an extra $20 if the capo i already have accomplishes the same thing with no threat of damage.

Last edited:
The thought of him doing it a bunch of times with a capo scares me even more.:eek:

i take my uke to school and you got all the islanders trashing the strings and having a "firm" grip on the fretboard.... so any capo wont break the fretboard if it can handle this =]

Capo on the cheap

Since Uke strings don't have nearly the tension as guitar strings, you can use a rubber band as a capo. I have a Kysor that I've used on my guitar for years, but really, I normally use a heavy rubber band on my uke, it works fine. Just fold the rubber band in half, tie a know in one end, then streach it across the fretboard. Stick the knot through the open loop on the back of the neck to secure and ta-da! :nana:

One little caveat, I don't have a tenor uke so I'm not sure this little trick will work as well as it does on soprano and concert sizes...

Does anyone use a mandolin capo?

Ah im in the market for a nice capo. (Not one of those $5 ones with a piece of wood and an elastic strap with holes) I went to the music store today, and they said that any classical guitar capo would work (although they were out) and offered a very nice banjo capo instead with adjustable tension and what not, and said that would work. Unfortunately, the banjo capo was $40, (on sale from $50) and I'm not quite willing to pay $40 for a capo...when apparantly you can just rubber band it...I'll have to try that.

I use a Jim Dunlop banjo capo.. it was expensive but it's soo good...

I use uke/banjo capo and works fine, if you look on Ukes galery you can seee it

Well, I got a Shubb classical guitar capo on ebay for 16 dollars praying that it would fit on my uke. It didn't. :) It doesn't fit on my Kanilea (even when the tension-adjusting screw is all the way in) which is what I was hoping it would fit on, but it does fit on my Applause since my applause has a thick neck. But it does work great on my classical guitar so I'm still happy! :)

i purchased a mandolin capo thinking i'd use it a lot more but it seems that i find it rather useless... lol.

Top Bottom