PDA

View Full Version : My Excitement (2 Things)

ukernotpuker
02-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey UU!

You cannot Imagine my excitement when I found out there are TEN, yes you read that right, TEN!! ukulele players at my school. And I found out in the same day. Also, I have mastered the E and D chords which I think is a great accomplishment!

ukulelecowboy
02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Well, it looks like you have yourself a built-in ukulele club. Nothing like camaraderie to build self esteem, etc.

As far as the D and E chords...I am impressed. Ten years later and I still can't play a first position E without shutting down a whole performance. I always hope an E7 will do the trick...

Good going!:cool:

molokinirum
02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
That's great!! Plus you mastered the D & E chords...the day is getting better and better!!!

Congratulations!

joeybug
02-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Yay! That's great! I've been playing since August and I still haven't mastered the E major chord...so good for you!

Eric Blooduke
02-19-2011, 02:08 AM
That's great ukernotpuker. Joey, Aldrine's latest Uke Minute #117 talks about mastering difficult chords, may be some help.

molokinirum
02-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Just keep up with the practice...you will get it!!

joeybug
02-19-2011, 05:46 AM
That's great ukernotpuker. Joey, Aldrine's latest Uke Minute #117 talks about mastering difficult chords, may be some help.

Thanks for the tip, will go check it out!

ukestang
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Even after playing guitar for 40+ years, I too had difficulty with D and E on uke, been playing uke about a year and a half and am finally comfortable with D and E. Now I don't have to transpose everything into C. Congrats. Also make sure to get together with the fellow uke players at your school, great fun and great way to learn.