MGM no longer carrying Ohana?

Paul December

Reaction score
I wonder why. Problems with them? ...or simply a business decision.
A friend wanted to get one so I checked to see what MGM had in stock, and there weren't any, nor was it listed as one of the brands he carries.

Did you *ask* him, or just check his Ebay store? His Ebay store only has a small portion of his stock.

Ohana has been a choice of brand on his eBay store without any ukes, but now he has removed the Ohana link.

Hi

To get the correct answer, you just have to ask Mike. This might not be the case, but certain brands forbid dealers to advertise their ukuleles on E-Bay store. Maybe MGM carries one but cannot list it in his EBay store. My guess - again, I say contact MGM directly and ask. There is no point for us to speculate (which I just did)

Cheers
Chief

I suggest you check with UkeRepublic

Why would Ukerepublic Mike know if MusicGuyMike still sells Ohana?*

yes i Know what you were saying, but the question was not "Where to get an Ohana ukulele?"

When he's not listing a given brand in the store, I notice that the link disappears. Like if he doesn't have any Koalohas, the link will be gone. It doesn't mean he's given up on Koaloha! Just email and ask if he has anything. It could be a simple case of not having any in stock at the moment.

As much as we like to think of webmeisters as Gods, they are not. I used to do a couple of commercial websites for a guy, and occassionally I would accidentally leave something out, or even make a mistake (I know its hard to believe lol).

Even if Mike at UkeRepublic knows the answer, he would not want to comment on another dealer's business.

All-solid Kalas seem to be in short supply as well...my guess is that some of these makers want to sell off standing inventory and see how post-NAMM orders look before they crank too many out. This is becoming a very crowded space... I bet that by April or May we'll see availability more like it was a few months ago.

Top Bottom