What's a good site to get strings from?

kudama

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if you have any favorite sites to get strings from. I'm looking for variety and good prices, the local stores around me really only have D'addario and Martins.

Also any string suggestions? I've used d'addario, ghs, aquila, I think martins too but I don't remember. So far I like the d'addarios the most, aquilas are a close second only because I feel like they are lower tension and have a tendency to rattle more. Does aquila make a high tension set? I've read good things about Worth strings also.

Any bits of knowledge help.

Thanks,
Kudama

I just bought some Worths from Elderly Instruments. Worths are hard to find, from what I've seen. Elderly has a lot of other strings too. I was really impressed with the shipping time (3 business days from Michigan to Colorado). My local stores don't even carry Martin strings. One has NO ukulele strings at all. The other has D'Addario, GHS and Hilo... SOMETIMES. I can drive an hour to get Martin strings. Which I have done.

Elderly has a great selection at pretty good prices. Dr Cluck on eBay has great pricing especially on Aquila's. Musicians Friend also carries a variety at good prices. But as has already been said, Musicguymic has a great selection and his sampler packs are a great way to try several types and his shipping charges are hard to beat.

Top Bottom