Ken's "Oh Susanna!"

pdxuke

Reaction score
Ok, my hillbilly roots (Daddy was a Virginian) got the best of me. Ken's YouTube of Oh Susanna so reminded me of sitting around in Virginia as a boy and making music that I had to join in.

So I grabbed the audio and added some background vocals and some simple rhythm strums; all the good parts are Ken's!

http://soundcloud.com/pdxuke/ohsusannaremx

Seems to me that we could build a community song like this; somebody lays down the first track, and we all overdub. Could be fun.

Anyway, my thanks to Ken for providing the inspiration.

Hope there are many follow-ups to this! GOOD JOB! Wish I could do something like that (possibly some day). Great inspiration for a "beginning beginner" like me. Thanks for sharing!

Great job Thom. I think that over-dubbing is contagious. I know caught it from either theBradlands, or maybe it was Keonepax. Its a little early for me to add my voice to yours (wife is still asleep), but maybe later today.

Now, I'd like to point out that I should have sought Ken's permission before doing this. I have since done that, and Ken was very gracious, but in the future, it's best that we all remember--or should I say "I should remember"-- that we need to be sensitive to artist's work, and simply ask. Again, Ken did not mind at all, but I should have asked first. I realized this and contacted him after the fact. He did not contact me complaining, or anything of the sort. He took it in the spirit I offered it.

It was me that woke up and went, "wait a minute, permission needs to be granted."

I needed to say that out loud, right here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom