Bridge gluing

Timbuck

Reaction score
Some time back...The internal mirror on my car windshield fell off:(...so I cleaned the fixing pad and glass area applied CA glue and stuck it back on..A week later it fell off again :mad:..I called into my local Motor spares shop..and I bought a Mirror fixing kit...It consisted of a tube of CA glue and a small piece of gauze ..the instructions said gauze was to be inserted in between the pad and glass :confused:and glued direct to the screen...I dont know how it works:confused: but the mirror has been back on for a couple of years now and is still glued as solid as a rock.

"Question" would this tecnique work on bridge and neck gluing?...is it worth a try?

Not seen this product Ken. The one I used back in Canada all the time had an activator that was wiped on the metal part of the mirror mount and the windscreen glass, then I drop of glue was applied and the two pressed together. 5 seconds latter it was rock solid. I think your weak spot will be the finish if it's already applied, or the wood fibres if not.

I'm not game to try, so let us know how it goes.:D

Not seen this product Ken. The one I used back in Canada all the time had an activator that was wiped on the metal part of the mirror mount and the windscreen glass, then I drop of glue was applied and the two pressed together. 5 seconds latter it was rock solid. I think your weak spot will be the finish if it's already applied, or the wood fibres if not.

I'm not game to try, so let us know how it goes.:D
I was thinking of Titebond and lint gauze in the dovetail or bridge..Not CA..I'll have to explain better next time:D

well I was talking to this woodworking guru at work and he said that sometimes you get all of the glue squeezed out so maybe the gauze sorta prevents that from happening so you can have enough glue in there to make the bond. Anyways I bid on a cordoba sk-25 for 49 bucks (20 shipping ripoff) and in a way I don't want to win it but the bridge is ripped off and I figured if I could glue it back on again, otherwise the uke is fine I think. I sorta hope someone outbids me.

Top Bottom