PDA

View Full Version : "Who Am I To Say"

Hippie Dribble
02-20-2011, 01:22 AM
g'day everyone.

This is my attempted uke adaption of the gorgeous "Who Am I To Say" from Justin Townes Earle's 2008 debut record, 'The Good Life'.

It's a painful and reflective, though ultimately self-consoling paean to a broken relationship. I used a LoPrinzi cherry tenor.

This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-mu3O4dSk

Thanks for taking a look. :o

roxhum
02-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Eugene Ukulele, I was just thinking it was about time for another song from you. As always excellent. Love the sound of the LoPrinzi Cherry Tenor. Keep them coming. I love everything you do.

Hippie Dribble
02-20-2011, 11:32 AM
thanks heaps Roxie for the vote of confidence mate! :o

mm stan
02-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Another great hit mate, wow you keep belting them out...loved it ....keep um coming our way!!! Thanks for Sharing...Happy Strummings...MM Stan
I like that sound of the Loprinzi....sounds real nice...you selling that one??? I'd think twice on that one... wow look at all you ukes back there...

Hippie Dribble
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
thanks for posting acomment brother Stan. And yeah, definitely been thinking about selling the LoPrinzi...there's also a banjo, acoustic guitar and dulcimer there too mate so maybe not as many ukes as you think!!!! :o

ADD
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
A beautiful one, so different from the others, but should be played more - perhaps at the Cairns?

Hippie Dribble
02-22-2011, 01:46 AM
A beautiful one, so different from the others, but should be played more - perhaps at the Cairns?

Thanks for the comment Bonita. Thought it was about time I tried to sing a song that was from this century mate! :o

Jnobianchi
02-22-2011, 04:22 AM
:D - Really - you do the traditional and folk so well, I never get tired of hearing you play them, but this IS special. I'd never heard this song before (probably because, like you, I'm focused 'further back'), but it's great.

You definitely SHOULD do more new songs. You're great at it!

John

DAPuke
02-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Very well done, as usual. Thanks for sharing that. You're so smooth:)
DAP

Hippie Dribble
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
:D - Really - you do the traditional and folk so well, I never get tired of hearing you play them, but this IS special. I'd never heard this song before (probably because, like you, I'm focused 'further back'), but it's great.

You definitely SHOULD do more new songs. You're great at it!

John

Thanks so much John. Really nice of you to say those things mate. Cheers for the post! :)

Hippie Dribble
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Very well done, as usual. Thanks for sharing that. You're so smooth:)
DAP

Cheers Don. Thanks for all the encouragement that you give to me and others mate. I enjoy your playing and singing too. :)