Uke rack done!

ukunuke

Reaction score
IMG_1253.jpg Today's project: Sock Monkey is merely a placeholder

Looks AMAZING, another uke minutes to the rescue. I can't wait to be able to affor to medicate my UAS to kick in so I can build mine.

Is that a tenor sock monkey?

if that is a plasma TV... maybe not the best place for them ukes.. they put out some heat...

Just sayin.. Nice job.

Thanks for showing the love for my ukes. No, not a plasma and isn't on much at all. But good call - I didn't even think of that!

Looks great, looks like I need to add woodworking to my arsenal of hobbies.

Really nice uke rack, good job. I adore that Kanile'a. I have always wanted one of their Hawaiian island tenors. :)

if that is a plasma TV... maybe not the best place for them ukes.. they put out some heat...

Just sayin.. Nice job.

That was my very first thought too. Actually, plasma schmasma - all of the large flat screens generate more heat than most people realize. My two 24" widescreen monitors in my office don't "feel" hot but turning them on brings up the temperature in the room significantly.

You do have a beautiful rack, though. And I don't say that to just anybody...

John

That was my very first thought too. Actually, plasma schmasma - all of the large flat screens generate more heat than most people realize. My two 24" widescreen monitors in my office don't "feel" hot but turning them on brings up the temperature in the room significantly.

John

LOL! Think you just made my day ;)

So now you have to buy another ukulele for that empty spot, right? Good looking way to hang your ukuleles, but looks terribly unbalanced without a Kamaka or KoAloha in my opinion! You had better buy another ukulele just to be on the safe side. Nice Job!

Ukulele's hanging just a bit higher than the diplomas, I like the way you think!

Last edited:
Wow, it's beautiful - and very classy looking too! My favorite uke is also my Kanile'a, but now I need to figure out how to make a great looking rack for it like yours! Great job!

You just had to go there...

And no, this isn't sour grapes because I wanted to be the first to say "Nice rack!" ;)

John

Aloha Ukunuke,
Beautiful rack...is that a reserved space for a kamaka????? thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha Ukunuke,
Beautiful rack...is that a reserved space for a kamaka????? thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Hey Stan - I'm hoping a Kamaka might take up residence where the sock monkey now hangs out. I have a bead on one for sale in Portland that I'm pursuing, but need to get more info. From the additional pics that they've sent me, there seems to be a marking on the back that has me concerned. I'm hoping it grain and not a crack or factory mark for a problem. Heading to Oahu in May - I might need to stop at the factory and take a look :)

Love that rack! Maybe one day I'll get one like that...hmmmm ;)

Top Bottom