Moving up

countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I decided it was time for the daughter to move up ukuleles after hearing her a bit this afternoon. She's been playing for just over a year now.

Having seen her take care of her own uke and enjoy the sense of accomplishment with her learning, we decided to have her start playing my kanaka white label soprano.

More pleasant to hear, even with day to day practicing. She's loving it. She and I are going to talk and decide what she would like to do with her zebrawood instrument. Probably sell.

It is a great thing when you realize that you are ready to move up to a nicer instrument. I t kinds solidifies your commitment to the instrument and keeps the drive alive so to speak. BTW, A Kamaka is a nice move up, you are a good parent.

Aloha Countrybumpkin,
Congrat to your daughter for showing the care and accomplisment in her ukulele playing...well deserved Kamaka...
and you, a fine parent for supporting her passions......Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Country bumpkin, will you adopt me. I think I need to move up to a Kamaka too! (-:
Your a good Daddy to encourage and support her talents.

Awesome.. congrats to your daughter, and congrats to you for encurraging, and supporting her music.. Best investment since wall street.. ;)

She must be really excited. Maybe she could sell the old one and put the $ in an account toward her very own Kamaka (or something else). That could be her next step, choosing her own.
Thanks for being a supportive dad. It benefits all of us to have one more happy, well-adjusted person on the planet. :)

No turning back. She told me she wants to play the 6 string and baritone eventually after she gets better. 6 years old. Makes a daddy proud.

Congrats to your daughter! The six year old in my house wants a new Uke, but I told her she has to learn to play a bit more first!

Top Bottom