PDA

View Full Version : Ukuleles, Strings & Gobblins

SailingUke
02-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Saturday morning while walking through my music room I found a ukulele string on the floor, it had a knot in the end so I knew it was used. I had recently done some string changes and assummed it was one of the strings I took off. Late Sunday night I picked up my fluke from the rack and went to play. The "A" string was gone and I could not figure out what happened. There was a little wrapped around the tuning post. It appears the string broke about the first fret. I have broken strings while tuning and/or strumming, but have never seen one break while sitting in the stand. I live alone (no pets either) so it was either a gobblin or just a strange happening.

Mraz
02-21-2011, 09:18 AM
That is really strange... I'm going to go with goblins :)

docryf
02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Those E strings can get awful jealous of strings that are higher than them :-)

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Ya got a Ukulele lovin ghost in your midsts.. Let em play, just tell em not to play so hard next time.. ;)

joeybug
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
How peculiar.. weird, but kinda cool at the same time!

boxoldnn
02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Depending on how high up your rack is, Goblins might not be your primary suspect, troll perhaps?

SailingUke
02-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Ya got a Ukulele lovin ghost in your midsts.. Let em play, just tell em not to play so hard next time.. ;)
I was thinking more of putting out a jar for contributions to a string fund. :)

OldePhart
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
It happens. I've had strings break twice while a uke was in the case. That happened with an A string on my pocket uke and a high-C string on the 8-string Lanikai I had.

Of course, goblins or gremlins are always a possibility...

John

Plainsong
02-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm just imagining the knot through the night..."Must ....hold....on....loosing.....strength..........." :)