Ukuleles, Strings & Gobblins

SailingUke

Uke legend in my own mind
UU VIP
Reaction score
Saturday morning while walking through my music room I found a ukulele string on the floor, it had a knot in the end so I knew it was used. I had recently done some string changes and assummed it was one of the strings I took off. Late Sunday night I picked up my fluke from the rack and went to play. The "A" string was gone and I could not figure out what happened. There was a little wrapped around the tuning post. It appears the string broke about the first fret. I have broken strings while tuning and/or strumming, but have never seen one break while sitting in the stand. I live alone (no pets either) so it was either a gobblin or just a strange happening.

That is really strange... I'm going to go with goblins :)

Those E strings can get awful jealous of strings that are higher than them :)

Ya got a Ukulele lovin ghost in your midsts.. Let em play, just tell em not to play so hard next time.. ;)

How peculiar.. weird, but kinda cool at the same time!

It happens. I've had strings break twice while a uke was in the case. That happened with an A string on my pocket uke and a high-C string on the 8-string Lanikai I had.

Of course, goblins or gremlins are always a possibility...

John

I'm just imagining the knot through the night..."Must ....hold....on....loosing.....strength..........." :)

Top Bottom