PDA

View Full Version : Need help from the ukulele community, please

Dane
02-21-2011, 09:15 AM
There is someone spamming my youtube channel and posting mean and foul things on all of my videos, if you guys could report them and maybe post a comment on his profile that he's a bad person or something, I would appreciate it.

I realize youtube is public and all that stuff, but I have never had or seen anything like this on uke videos, and I'd like to keep it that way.

his account: http://www.youtube.com/user/uniRainey

Videos with bad comments so far.... Warning, comments contain bad language.
EDIT: Comments removed per member request.

freckleduker
02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Just flagged his comments as spam. Very nice playing, BTW.

Dane
02-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the compliment and for the help!

philxbx
02-21-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm guessing he was envious of your unicycle abilities!! Flagged as spam and subbed, (to you that is!) Great playing!!

Dane
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks! And no, he's actually probably better than me, but I still have fun anyways :)

AnnaUK
02-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I've flagged his comments as spam. There's no need for that unkindness. Also subbed to your channel! Can't believe I'd missed it!

Hope this helps,
Anna :)

joeybug
02-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Will flag, have you considered blocking him? I had a nasty comment a few days ago, blocked him and it seems to have worked..

Flagged!

Dane
02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Will flag, have you considered blocking him? I had a nasty comment a few days ago, blocked him and it seems to have worked..

Flagged!

I wasn't aware you could block people, do you know where that is?

spots
02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
When you are logged into YouTube, go to "My Channel". Under "Channel Comments", next to the user in question, you should see three options "Remove | Block User | Spam". Click "Block User".

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I'll flag the jerk too.. I get the standard "fat" comments on my videos because well, Im fat.. lol.. Got to thank the boneheads that post all that enlightening data reports, hahhah.. I just laugh em off.. But, your demon just sounds irritating as heck..

joeybug
02-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I wasn't aware you could block people, do you know where that is?

You can also block him from his channel..that's how I did it with my lovely commenter!

Dane
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
It doesn't let them comment anymore, or it just blocks me from seeing the comments? Because I don't want to just ignore them, because then other people will see the comments on my channel but I won't. At least if I can see them then I can delete them.

Thanks for everyones support. And I've gotten like 7 new subscribers! I guess those publicity stunt things really do work (although that was not my intention haha)

joeybug
02-21-2011, 10:37 AM
It doesn't let them comment anymore, or it just blocks me from seeing the comments? Because I don't want to just ignore them, because then other people will see the comments on my channel but I won't. At least if I can see them then I can delete them.

Thanks for everyones support. And I've gotten like 7 new subscribers! I guess those publicity stunt things really do work (although that was not my intention haha)

I think it doesn't let them comment anymore...you can check by checking out my video "Who's Joey" which is where he started, the comment is still there but having put up three more vids since then, I've had no more comments from him.

Dane
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll have to take a look when I get bac later, I'm actually headed out to class right now.

It's actually getting pretty amusing now. He is trying so hard, and the more he tries to provoke me the more angry he gets.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3366/funyw.jpg

joeybug
02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I'll have to take a look when I get bac later, I'm actually headed out to class right now.

It's actually getting pretty amusing now. He is trying so hard, and the more he tries to provoke me the more angry he gets.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3366/funyw.jpg

I found out the comment I got was from a 15 year old just starting out on the Uke...It may have affected me, but I didn't let him know that which is probably another reason he's left me alone...hope it all works out for you!

Plainsong
02-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Awe, it's an 11 year old who found dirty words for the first time!

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
1st, I have to appologize, because one, i am a Christian man. And I ussally turn the other cheak, unless ya slap both of them, then your gonna get bit... hahah.. But, I do too get so tired of the snot nosed twerps that hide behind computer keyboards in the name of free speach. So, since not only am I a Christian, I am also a United States Air Force Veteran that has fought to preserve our right to free speach, and just before I blocked this kid, I sent a public comment on his channel (I subscribed to it, before I blocked him, hehheh). And I quote..

"Hey snot nosed putz. The guy you been bantering is a well respected dude in the Ukulele community. An huge international forum is laughing at your punk ass. Now we ALL know who you are, and that you are a talentless putz, hahhah.. We're amuzed by you, you little monkey turd, lol.. Go ride your uni cycle, but please put the seat back on it, you disgust me.. ;) "

Lord, forgive me, but vengeance is yours I know sayeth you, but, don't worry about it, I got your back this time.. hehheh..

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
hahah.. He deleted my post.. And to think of the time it took to compose complete with spelling errors.. hahah.. Maybe he got the point tho? lol

Dane
02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I doubt it, but it was amusing for us nonetheless! I don't think you were in the wrong at all. Sometimes you have to be harsh for people to understand a message, and even then it doesn't always work. Some people are just so stubborn, and unwilling to genuinely listen to anything that doesn't come out of the mouth of some one of authority (whether it be real or imaginary authority) And thanks for upping my level of respect haha!

EDIT: Back to class. I'm really curious about the details of how the blocking works, I'll have to get to it in a while.

bazmaz
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
what started the trouble in the first place?

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I doubt it, but it was amusing for us nonetheless! I don't think you were in the wrong at all. Sometimes you have to be harsh for people to understand a message, and even then it doesn't always work. Some people are just so stubborn, and unwilling to genuinely listen to anything that doesn't come out of the mouth of some one of authority (whether it be real or imaginary authority) And thanks for upping my level of respect haha!

EDIT: Back to class. I'm really curious about the details of how the blocking works, I'll have to get to it in a while.

No. He was too young to develope stuburness. His was just what I like to call "Young Stupid", lol.. But, he may not get it.. but, its gonna irritate him to no end that I dissed him, and then blocked him so he can't respond to my diss.. hahhah.. THAT is gonna eat at him, lol.. And I love it.. ;)

haolejohn
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the compliment and for the help!

Dane, do you mind editing the comments? I have students that frequent this site and I'd hate for them to not be allowed anymore. Just place some stars in between:)

haolejohn
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Do you think it might be a friend pulling a joke on you?
I'd recommend ignoring it. He wants to get a rise out of you. I'd start thanking him for all the comments. No matter how bad it is. Just say "Thanks for the support." he/she will grow tired with the rote responses.

olgoat52
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Block em, report em and be done with it. Too bad. No fun.

Raygf
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM

From YouTube Help:

Blocking users
You can block users from making comments on your videos or sending you messages. To block a user, go to their Profile and click the "Block User" button in the "Connect with" box.
Similarly, you can unblock users by returning to their profile and clicking the "Unblock User" button where the "Block User" button used to be.
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56113

Regards,
Ray

Dane
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Dane, do you mind editing the comments? I have students that frequent this site and I'd hate for them to not be allowed anymore. Just place some stars in between:)

I just removed them completely, they don't need to be there. Sorry for that.

What started it is when I told him his favorite artist in the world "Lil B" is talentless and that the music was terrible (which I'm sure you would all agree with me) I can enjoy rap music, but it has the have value and meaning. I asked him several times to explain why he likes the music, and that I would respect his choice even though I don't like it, if he could just explain it, but he refused. The music that his favorite artist makes is purely to be controversial so he can get media attention and make money off fools like this kid that is spamming me. I call this a "media whore". We all know that just because someone is popular, it doesn't mean they are good.

I have been ignoring it, and he just gets more and more frustrated, eventually he will lose interest. The first few were annoying, but now its just so ridiculous that it's funny.

Raygf
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Do you think it might be a friend pulling a joke on you?

With friends like that . . . . .

Regards,
Ray

Dane
02-21-2011, 12:23 PM
From YouTube Help:

Blocking users
You can block users from making comments on your videos or sending you messages. To block a user, go to their Profile and click the "Block User" button in the "Connect with" box.
Similarly, you can unblock users by returning to their profile and clicking the "Unblock User" button where the "Block User" button used to be.
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56113

Regards,
Ray

Thanks! :)

fitncrafty
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I flagged a few too.. I hope that takes care of it... Why do some people have to be so awful for no reason!

Hippie Dribble
02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
g'day Dane

sorry to hear of these troubles mate. The whole youtube thing is new to me and still more than a little scary and intimidating. Good to know you have lots of support and people watching your back, eh. Guess the one good thing to come out of all this is that, with all the negative stuff hitting this loser between the eyes he may start to reassess his attitude and "grow up". For what it's worth, I had a look at your youtube channel as I was busy seeing to this little fellow and it's great mate. You're an extremely talented guy and your uke playing is excellent! :)

cletus
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
What started it is when I told him his favorite artist in the world "Lil B" is talentless and that the music was terrible (which I'm sure you would all agree with me) I can enjoy rap music, but it has the have value and meaning. We all know that just because someone is popular, it doesn't mean they are good.

I don't know who 'Lil B' is,:uhoh: but I do know that musical tastes are purely subjective to the individual. Start throwing words like "talentless and terrible' around, and you're just spoiling for a fight, whether you're right or not.:wallbash:

On a personal note,:stop: don't be too sure whether I may or may not agree with you on a subject.:old:

Dane
02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
We all thought he was joking (You would think so too after hearing the music) go ahead and type "Lil B Ellen Degeneres" into youtube, but mind your ears!

Once I found out he wasn't joking, I told him I would respect his choice if he could explain it. But he wouldn't so basically it was a 2 sided argument, with only one side being represented (the side that says it's bad, tasteless music)

I agree that it is subjective, I myself hate country music, but I know that people like it, so I respect that.

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Holy &($)@^#. I just listened to that. And then another to give him a reasonable chance, I mean everybody has a bad song. He sure is a "Melody maker" huh? A flushing toilet has more meldolic value. Jeesh. The 3 songs sounded exactly the same mono tone just different words to the chant. Jeesh.. Is that guy for real? Is he really making money with that? If he was a guest on SNL I would be laughing my butt off thinking that was one funny skit..

Dane
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah apparently he makes lots of money, depressing isn't it? Apparently he has over 1500 songs... but they're all in jibberish with the same lyrical timing and pattern. I think he sounds kind of slow, but that sounds mean.

Tudorp
02-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah apparently he makes lots of money, depressing isn't it? Apparently he has over 1500 songs... but they're all in jibberish with the same lyrical timing and pattern. I think he sounds kind of slow, but that sounds mean.

Sure he has 1500 songs.. By next weekend he can even expand that to 2500. Same timing and "melody" ( And I use that word very loosly), so all ya got to do is chant someone elses name, and a few other chant lyrics with it. You can crank out 100 songs a night with that assembly line process.. lol.. All I can say is, God Bless him..

Plainsong
02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Looking at the troll's youtube channel, he actually is just a dumb teenager who just found the swear button for the first time. I think he rides unicycle as an excuse to have his hands near his junk. I'm just sayin'. :cheers:

So you're better than him at unicycle, and you're a musician, and that couldn't go unchallenged. He's gonna go all internet tough guy on you. For the lulz.

miguelmf97
02-22-2011, 06:15 AM
There is someone spamming my youtube channel and posting mean and foul things on all of my videos, if you guys could report them and maybe post a comment on his profile proxy sites (http://proxy-zone.net) that he's a bad person or something, I would appreciate it.

I realize youtube is public and all that stuff, but I have never had or seen anything like this on uke videos, and I'd like to keep it that way.

his account: http://www.youtube.com/user/uniRainey

Videos with bad comments so far.... Warning, comments contain bad language.
EDIT: Comments removed per member request.

yeah I had same problem I even sent an email to youtube but after google took youtube, and we know how oftenly google check their inbox... :)

freckleduker
02-22-2011, 07:44 AM
"Plainsong...I think he rides unicycle as an excuse to have his hands near his junk. I'm just sayin'. :cheers:"

HAHAHAHA! You said "junk!!" Sorry, that was very juvenile of me... but I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

Well, Dane, hopefully he's figured out he got nowhere and has moved on...

Dane
02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
I ended up with 10 new wonderful subscribers, and he got thoroughly humiliated. Ukulele wins!!

Ukulele jam time! Feel free to join in ;)