Woody's Round Up Toy Guitar from Toy Story 3

Chap

Reaction score
Apologies if someone has already posted about this.

This was available at my local Toys R Us for $25. Despite the name, it's a uke, and not horrible, once you immediately yank off the horrible, horrible strings that it comes with.

And it's thinline, so a travel soprano for $25 (Plus another $5-7 for decent strings) Hey Howdy Hey!

4936148247_eec1cd28b0.jpg

Dang, there is an old thread....but rather than resurrect it, I'll just leave this here. :p

Last edited:
My grandson got one for Christmas, and like you said not a bad little uke for $25 or so. Even with the cheap nylon "strings" that it came with it would hold tune and was playable. I wanted to put some better strings on it for him but he wouldn't let me! Ahh.....4 year olds. But it's built like a tank so should survive, and would be a good travel uke that you wouldn't even worry to much if baggage handlers got ahold of your bag!

newwoody.jpg

Love Mine. Aquila strings.

I bought one for my grandson and put an old set of my Aquila strings on it. It plays so well that I look forward to playing it every time I go to visit him!

I use mine as my car'kulele :) Aquilla strings make it a decent uke as well as pretty durable as long as you know how to tune properly. Most of the negative online reviews are from parents who's kids tightened the pegs until the poor thing cracked.

I have the princess version. It's a cute little bugger.

I have no problem with turning to toys. I been looking for a broken, or discarded kid's toy to build an electric uke out of it. Something like this to re-work the headstock and thin the neck out to convert it to a 4 string uke. This one is 29" long and would make a soprano or concert sized uke. I been wanting to find one cheap to tear up.. Kid's toys can be fun to make into decent playing ukes..
MC_JRPKLPGD.gif

I thought I read in uke marketplace that "CHAP" was thinning the herd??? :)

I have the princess version. It's a cute little bugger.

different uke.. the princess one is plastic

The Woody's Roundup one is wood

I have both the Toy Story 3 Plastic woody from walmart,(10 bucks) AND the Wooden Woody's Round-up one from toys r us. (Gift from Bassfiddlesteve)

both fun, and very playable.

JT

Last edited:
My Woody from Toys R Us is the plastic version. I guess I misread your original post. Anyway, the $20 plastic one I bought at Toys R Us is very playable.

different uke.. the princess one is plastic

The Woody's Roundup one is wood

I have both the Toy Story 3 Plastic woody from walmart,(10 bucks) AND the Wooden Woody's Round-up one from toys r us. (Gift from Bassfiddlesteve)

both fun, and very playable.

JT

They should make a princess one in wood. That's unfair. Boys get all the best toys...

I want one so bad.. To bad that it's impossible to get one here in Norway..

Well, I'm quite willing to head down to my local ToysRus and pick up a few more, they had four more of them when I was there. I'd be glad to forward them to anyone who wanted to pay price + shipping.

How much with shipping to Norway? Just out of curiosity..Since every uker needs a plastic uke.. hehe

Sadly it's probably in the $40-$45 ranger. And again, this is actually a wood ukulele. I've never seen the plastic one.

Top Bottom