Rewatched the Heartstrings Kamaka documentary from PBS

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to head to Oahu on Wednesday and gearing myself up by re-watching the Kamaka Heartstrings documentary from PBS. For those of you who have never seen it, it really encapsulates what us Kamaka fanboys and fangirls love about their history, instruments and tradition.

I know it was floating around on UU about a year ago...but if you have never seen it, I highly recommend it. On the PBS website you can check it out: http://video.pbs.org/video/1480799425/

I'd never seen this - thank you for posting! What a great leagacy & certainly another reason to own another Kamaka. I'm holding out for a newer pineapple as Kamaka works on my vintage one I sent them.

Are you going to do the factory tour again?

Not on this trip. I'm going with my Mom this time, and she already did the tour with me...I am going to take the tour again in September though, when I'm in Oahu with my spouse (who does a lot of woodworking and might be interested in the tour).

But I am planning on stopping by there this week to pick up some extra Schaller tuners and another tshirt though. :)

Thanks for posting the link to the documentary! My own trip to Oahu and Kauai has been postponed to March or April, so I'll be looking forward to any trip-related posts. Have a great time in Hawai'i!

damn region restriction, as much as I love Canada it sure blows not getting to watch some stuff online.
know anywhere it's available for free download?

Have fun Staci . . . was there on some personal/family business and got back about 2 weeks ago.

I also have never seen this video. Well worthwhile. I love my Kamakas!!

I will be in Kauai in May. It can't come soon enough--I have had enough of this winter weather!!

Top Bottom