Uke art

Gmoney

Reaction score
So I guess my wife has somewhat accepted my uke obsession because she commissioned a local artist to paint one of my cherised KoAloha's. (not what you think!)

The artist is Ricky Higgins & we have several others of his works. This one is on "mixed media" & I know that the photo from my phone really doesn't do it justice. Right now, its kicked another of his off the wall in a prominent place in our den!

He showcases his art all over the Southeast - here is his web page if anyone is interested:

http://web.mac.com/higginsart/iWeb/rickiehigginsart/HigginsArt.html

Attachments

• WP_000409.jpg
    WP_000409.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
So I guess my wife has somewhat accepted my uke obsession because she commissioned a local artist to paint one of my cherised KoAloha's. (not what you think!)

The artist is Ricky Higgins & we have several others of his works. This one is on "mixed media" & I know that the photo from my phone really doesn't do it justice. Right now, its kicked another of his off the wall in a prominent place in our den!

That's awesome on many accounts!! Congrats!

I like to paint too. Here is one I did of my kala soprano one night. When I knifed in the strings it blotched some but such is painting! Ha! rem
uke.jpg

Very cool representation of your KoAloha!

@rem50....that's a really nice painting too!

Oddly enough my heart beat faltered when I read your wife had your KoAloha painted.

Cool painting though!!

Aloha Gmoney and Rem 50,
Nice pic's..awesome...I have never picked up my brushes in years.....gives me some inspiration and motivation ....thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Stan
I just started 3 years ago at 49years old. I have got to say it is a fine way to pass the time. Pick up those brushes and let the paint fly! :)

He did a good job painting your uke looks great.

Hmmm...just finished our home office and the walls need some decorating. Since Mrs. Bueller nixed the idea of letting me hang my ukuleles this might be a great option.
Thanks for sharing - they all look fantastic.

Made this one lately from my Ashbury dobro.

Attachments

• dobro lucht3.jpg
    dobro lucht3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Top Bottom