Chord diagram software?

imperialbari

Reaction score
Is there any software available for writing up chords in fingering diagrams and in an associated music staff?

I might be able to customize a procedure within the engraving application Finale, but that would take a long time.

I am on Mac OSX.

Klaus

www.ukefarm.com/chordette

You load the chord diagrams into your fonts folder, then print out the chart that shows the chord and the corresponding keyboard character. The diagrams don't show which fingers to use, though.

I use it all the time to design the songsheets for our uke club meetings.

Thanks for the replies so far!

I have looked a tiny bit into Table Edit, but I am not sure either of the suggestions reflect my way of thinking. As I have a lot of experience with music in general, but not much with the ukulele, I find standard solutions a bit restricting. Also in Finale which changed my input to a standard solution for the given chord.

As I want chords being understood without a bass line, I usually go for these steps being part of major chords: root, third, seventh, and ninth. In minor chords they are root, third, seventh, and eleventh.

On a C-tuned uke there is a very effective Fmaj9th fingered with just the 5th fret pressed on the C-string. But at least Finale doesn’t like the note on the C-string being a semitone higher than the note on the E-string.

My wish is for a solution shall not have a normal default. It shall take what I write without comparing to convention. It might be possible to set up a spreadsheet to do the diagrams, but that hardly would include the option for a musical staff-representation.

Klaus

Top Bottom