PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for that elusive song sheet/updated database

ichadwick
02-22-2011, 02:19 AM
I've searched everywhere but have not found the original sheet music to Brother Can You Spare a Dime? It's the single piece I want to add to make the collection of vintage ukulele music PDFs complete. Been searching more than a year, but no luck. Sigh. Anyone out there have a copy of the original you can scan for me? I have it in one of the song books, but the original is the one I want.

I spent a good part of the long weekend updating the Excel database of songs in the vintage music collection. Quite a chore. I even indexed the song books and folios, and the handful of guitar arrangements that are included.

Stats:
1,505 individual song sheets
2,120 songs in 85 song books and folios
341 guitar arrangements (142 song sheets; the rest in song books or folios). I have been trying to find the ukule versions of these, and will replace them with the uke version if possible.

If you bought the DVD from me, and would like this updated database/spreadsheet, email me or PM me and I'll send it to you.

joeybug
02-22-2011, 02:46 AM
I've searched everywhere but have not found the original sheet music to Brother Can You Spare a Dime? It's the single piece I want to add to make the collection of vintage ukulele music PDFs complete. Been searching more than a year, but no luck. Sigh. Anyone out there have a copy of the original you can scan for me? I have it in one of the song books, but the original is the one I want.

I spent a good part of the long weekend updating the Excel database of songs in the vintage music collection. Quite a chore. I even indexed the song books and folios, and the handful of guitar arrangements that are included.

Stats:
1,505 individual song sheets
2,120 songs in 85 song books and folios
341 guitar arrangements (142 song sheets; the rest in song books or folios). I have been trying to find the ukule versions of these, and will replace them with the uke version if possible.

If you bought the DVD from me, and would like this updated database/spreadsheet, email me or PM me and I'll send it to you.

I can't help with your quest, but just wanted to say it sounds like a massive job!

mendel
02-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Hello Ichadwick-

I have been looking for some vintage tablature for uke. I am curious if you have the songs that I am seeking. Do you have an active list of the songs that you have available online anywhere? Not the tabs, but a list of the tabs that you have available? Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Mendel

ichadwick
02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
The only list I have is the Excel spreadsheet. It's not online right now, but I plan to put it up shortly on a new site I'm building just for vintage uke music.

I can email it to you - PM me. Or email me with the list of songs you're after and I'll check to see if they're included.

ichadwick
02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
A correction... I was mistaken in my count.
There are:
4,289 songs in all, including those in song sheets, books and folios
85 song books and folios
1,782 individual sheets and pages arranged for ukulele (including 47 duplicates with alternate covers or chord arrangements)
302 songs arranged for guitar or other instruments (including those in 9 additional song books arranged for guitar)

There are 174 "extras" - duplicates (some with cover variations only) or guitar arrangements I've removed for a separate CD.

The complete list has many duplicates. All of Me, for example, appears as a separate sheet, and in two books. Aloha Oe is in one sheet, and eight books. But the total of songs is well over 2,000, and probably over 3,000.

Next step: link the songs to YouTube videos or MP3s, so you can click on the name and open a musical version. A purchaser began this lengthy process, and now it's up to me to complete it.