Herb-Ohta - Misty Album

Play Misty for Me

I'm a big Herb Ohta fan. I've tried to find his bossa nova cds in Hawaii and had trouble finding much. Things seem more available on i-tunes. I found the bossa nova there.
He's put out a ton, and they seem to fall away. It's nice when you find him playing alone but I do have a great CD where he has Lyle Ritz playing bass and some tasty Hawaiians playing cool jazz. They do Cry Me a River, After Midnight, and other classics. The CD is called I Wish You Love after the famous Trenet song. It's a nice record. I got it at that great little shop in Kailua on the windward side of Oahu. best wishes. Herb rocks.

His book of songs put out by Flea Market Music has him talking about how melody is of prime importance to him. The chords come next. It's influenced my way of learning and playing songs.

Anyone know where you can find this album? Every place that I can find it says they are no longer for sale :(

I just picked up a copy of it when I was in Hawaii last week! It's still in print but really hard to find. I got it at Ukulele Puapua - maybe give them a call and see if they can do a phone order.

I just picked up a copy of it when I was in Hawaii last week! It's still in print but really hard to find. I got it at Ukulele Puapua - maybe give them a call and see if they can do a phone order.

Since you just got back, do you know (or did you see) any used CD stores? I was going to look for one while there in a couple weeks.

Since you just got back, do you know (or did you see) any used CD stores? I was going to look for one while there in a couple weeks.

You know, I don't recall seeing a single CD store - if I had, I would have made a beeline for it! But most of the ukulele shops also had CDs (new, not used). I think we checked out Puapua (two locations), Kamaka, Goodguys, Island Guitars, the one in the Hilton Hawaiian Village (Aloha?), and Bob's.

Top Bottom