PDA

View Full Version : GMoney....Makes miracles happen

mendel
02-22-2011, 07:55 AM
The other day I posted a story about my disabled student that cried because he wanted to learn to play music but couldn't.

Well, GMoney made it happen. I am not able to post pics here, but if someone sends me an email address, I would like to send a pic to them to post on this thread. Please let me know.

GMoney-
The kid hasnt put down the Uke yet. It is hard teaching my class, but well worth the sacrifice. Thank you;. You have changed this kids life.

Mendel

bueller
02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Kudos to GMoney. That was an honorable thing you did. Pay it forward.
Good for you and better for the young person who now gets to play the ukulele.

Nickie
02-22-2011, 08:56 AM
WTG GMoney!

Coconut Willie
02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
WTG GMoney!

AND...WTG mendel!!!!!!

That's awesome, really awesome!!!

mendel
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
He was thrilled!!!

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/richm2778/a5df65d0.jpg

Gmoney
02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
AWESOME! Love it! It has the "Uke's can change the world" sticker on the back too, so perhaps it does in its little way. Wish MUCH strumming happiness from that litte instrument.

Mahalo!

mendel
02-22-2011, 10:08 AM
I saw the sticker! He is absolutely in love with this instrument. You've already changed his world. Can you see the picture on the link??

haolejohn
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
The other day I posted a story about my disabled student that cried because he wanted to learn to play music but couldn't.

Well, GMoney made it happen. I am not able to post pics here, but if someone sends me an email address, I would like to send a pic to them to post on this thread. Please let me know.

GMoney-
The kid hasnt put down the Uke yet. It is hard teaching my class, but well worth the sacrifice. Thank you;. You have changed this kids life.

Mendel

I know him:) GMoney that is:) He really is a great guy.

dkcrown
02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Well done Gmoney and mendel

joeybug
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
He was thrilled!!!

This makes me so proud to be part of UU. You've both made my day. I know how special it is to have angels on this forum, have a few of my own. You'll have to keep us informed about his progress with playing!

Gmoney
02-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I saw the sticker! He is absolutely in love with this instrument. You've already changed his world. Can you see the picture on the link??

Got the picture! THANKS! I'll looking to hear more from our friend. Any day you can pass on a smile like that is a GOOD DAY!

Gmoney
02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I know him:) GMoney that is:) He really is a great guy.

Aw, shucks! ;)

rem50
02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Way to go mendel and Gmoney. It is great to see such generosity. rem

Uncle Leroy
02-22-2011, 10:44 AM
If Gmoney and Mendel are ever on Okinawa, I owe you guys both a beer! That is awesome!

bbqribs
02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Props to you both!

Captain_Lovehandles
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Not surprised at all. WTG, G-man!

wickedwahine11
02-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Nice Gmoney and Mendel...way to make a kid smile. :)

Uke Republic
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Thats a fantastic story. Every time you tune into the news its something bad. I love to tune into UU!!! Always something positive one way or the other. Applause and some HIPP HIPP HOORAYS!!! For Gmoney ! Also for Mendel for putting into that childs hands:)

TCK
02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/hooliganssc/Cheers1.jpg
You guys rule....

RyanMFT
02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I think you both made a lot of us smile! Such quality people

molokinirum
02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Thats a fantastic story. Every time you tune into the news its something bad. I love to tune into UU!!! Always something positive one way or the other. Applause and some HIPP HIPP HOORAYS!!! For Gmoney ! Also for Mendel for putting into that childs hands:)

I agree 200%!!!! You guys both rock...a simple red makala dolphin changes a kids life forever!!!

I think the UU needs to set up a Hall of Fame to honor acts of kindness in the spirit of the ukulele!!!

SailingUke
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Congrats and well done !!!
Helping others is wonderful, but spreading the ukulele and music seems above and beyond to me.
I recently donated 20 books to an elementary school ukulele program.
One of the reasons I teach adult workshops and classes is to raise the money for my foundation donations.
Music can make such a difference in peoples lives I really enjoy reading about these good deeds.

Just a thought to moderators, maybe a section can be added to match donors with causes.

itsme
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
He was thrilled!!!

Wow, the smile in that picture says it all. :)

Thank you GMoney and mendel for sharing the true spirit of Aloha.

Perhaps you haven't been around long enough to remember Captain Google, AKA Vincent Daniel Rooney, a beloved UU member who lost his battle with Multiple Sclerosis in July 2009. Most of us never even knew he was ill or that he was confined to a wheelchair as his life was ebbing away. He had a real passion for life and the ukulele.

Some UUers put together a tribute video. Captain Google himself makes an appearance at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZknGc7eDmI

I hope your student will find much inspiration and joy with his new uke and newfound abilities at being able to play music.

Gmoney
02-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow, the smile in that picture says it all. :)

Thank you GMoney and mendel for sharing the true spirit of Aloha.

Perhaps you haven't been around long enough to remember Captain Google, AKA Vincent Daniel Rooney, a beloved UU member who lost his battle with Multiple Sclerosis in July 2009. Most of us never even knew he was ill or that he was confined to a wheelchair as his life was ebbing away. He had a real passion for life and the ukulele.

Some UUers put together a tribute video. Captain Google himself makes an appearance at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZknGc7eDmI

I hope your student will find much inspiration and joy with his new uke and newfound abilities at being able to play music.

I wasn't around when Captain Google graced the "halls" of UU, but had seen the video & read some of the many messages from & about him. I think that the uke just "oozes" goodwill, so when I read Mendel's first post, I knew that I had to offer a uke. I would give one away every paycheck to be part of bringing a smile to another face & life.

Mahalo!

mendel
02-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I have seen the tribute video as well. I'm a newbie, began playing in October of 2010, but I think that I have a good understanding of the spirit of this place. Today was among my most rewarding moments as an educator. Being able to make a kid smile like that was overwhelmng. The other kids in my class felt it too. It was wild and thrilling. All I did was put a generous and caring person together with another person in need. I told the kid that his ing responsibility was to enjoy himself. If he stops having fun, he should pass the Uke onto someone else in need of the feeling that he had it when he first held it in his hands. It felt amazing!!! I owe it all to GMoney. Thank you!!!

pdxuke
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I raise my glass to you, sir!

hmgberg
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Beautiful story; thanks Gmoney and Mendel for sharing. Wonderful thing you did.

mm stan
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Aloha G Money and Mendel,
Way to go guys, It really touches my heart to hear nice stories like this here, it is why I like the UU forums....It really makes me feel good inside when you can make a difference in someone's life....thanks for
sharing.....
Captain Google, Keep Strumming Them Strings Man....we all miss you here....... MM Stan

Plainsong
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
CaptainGoogle would be proud. Please let our newest uke player know that he has a community from around the world cheering him on. :)

itsme
02-22-2011, 09:26 PM
CaptainGoogle would be proud. Please let our newest uke player know that he has a community from around the world cheering him on. :)
Yes, and please let him know he has a place he can come to and join that will welcome him with open arms. :)

Teek
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Kudos, guys! Brilliant teamwork in the total spirit of UU and the Mighty Uke. High fives all around. There is no better feeling that to bring joy to another fellow traveler on this plane of existence.

ADD
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM
I agree 200%!!!! You guys both rock...a simple red makala dolphin changes a kids life forever!!!

I think the UU needs to set up a Hall of Fame to honor acts of kindness in the spirit of the ukulele!!!

Agree on all counts!!!

beergeek
02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Awesome! Speaking of random acts of kindness....where's Deach these days?