"The Cuckoo" (on a mya moe tenor resonator)

H

Hippie Dribble

hi everyone!

Well, I bought this ukulele from Pioneer Music in Oregon last August, and it's been sitting in it's case ever since...until last night! It's a mya moe mango tenor resonator. Why you may ask? Because (1) it's a tenor (2) it's a resonator and (3) because it's strung low G....all 3 things intimidate me greatly as I've only ever played sopranos and concerts in high G

Anyway I got it out and recorded a song on it. A beautiful old English folksong called "The Cuckoo"

I am so rapt with the sound. Such a warm, rich and well rounded voice. Blown away by how beautiful it is too. Can't believe I left it alone for so long. It's like "New Uke Day" all over again. Would be very interested to hear your thoughts...

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OffAUqwoxwM

Hope you enjoy my arrangement of the tune! :eek:

Wow, great sounding uke, in your hands. now I'm intimidated;)
DAP

I know the "Pentangle" & "John Renbourn" versions of this song and I think yours is terrific, great singing and playing (as always). Keep it up!!!

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Wow nice job and nice uke...sounded awesome as usual...Keep um coming our way...BTW, do you think by playing the soprano, it has developed your style even further...
There's always a time when we improve, that ukes we have let sitting, become more playable through experience..I guess we go through stages, and you're on another level now..
I am glad to see your progress as you do, and you have them on you tube for some nice memories in the future.. Have fun and enjoy you new found mya moe mango tenor resonator
tenor ukulele...Happy for you...Happy Strummings Mate...MM Stan..

Great sounding resonator there Eugene, and a very nice song that I've not heard before...thanks for sharing

thanks Don, Eric, Stan and Tony

sorry for late replies but been unwell today. I think you guys already know how much I appreciate your comments anyway. Cheers fellas

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Wow nice job and nice uke...sounded awesome as usual...Keep um coming our way...BTW, do you think by playing the soprano, it has developed your style even further...
There's always a time when we improve, that ukes we have let sitting, become more playable through experience..I guess we go through stages, and you're on another level now..
I am glad to see your progress as you do, and you have them on you tube for some nice memories in the future.. Have fun and enjoy you new found mya moe mango tenor resonator
tenor ukulele...Happy for you...Happy Strummings Mate...MM Stan..

You may be right in what you say Stan. I guess I just didn't have the confidence in the middle of last year to even attempt the tenor resonator. It was so far out of my comfort zone and I was sure I wouldn't do it justice. Now I feel more certain and comfortable with my own style of playing I wasn't quite so intimidated. Will still need much practice to bring out the best on a uke strung low G though is this is entirely new to me. Looking forward to the challenge though.

And the youtube stuff? That was one of the scariest things I've done. Playing uke alone so much you really have no idea if you're any good or not. It has been a big step for me to go public with my music but some lovely and encouraging comments from viewers has softened the blow and I find I am enjoying doing the videos more than I eve thought I would. I guess this also has helped boost my low level of confidence too mate, which I am very thankful for.

Top Bottom