A whole bunch of ukuleles for sale or trade

LoMa

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of ukuleles for sale or trade, including: (revised list as of 10/30/08!!!!)

I still have a number of ukes for sale - I'll post some photos tomorrow night with fuller descriptions:

SOLD *** a Kiwaya KSL-2 long neck soprano with upgraded gold Grover 14:1 open back geared tuners, Aquila strings, and nice padded camo gigbag. Made of Kiwaya's famous "hyperthin" koa laminate. Rosewood fretboad and bridge, and a compensated saddle for excellent intonation. 14 frets to the body. Very lightweight and resonant instrument, with great playability and dynamics. Made in Japan. $395 with FREE shipping within the continental USA. Payment via USPS money order only.

SOLD *** Custom, one-of-a-kind Blue Beltona Songster Baritone Resonator ukulele. This Songster reso is based on the tenor design, but was custom built by Steve Evans so that it culd be tuned DGBE, like the first 4 strings of a guitar. 19" scale, a slightly deeper body than a regular songster, but otherwise the specs are the same as a regualr songster, including a 6" resonator cone. Lightweigt fiberglass body. Extraordinarily cool instrument that sounds incredibly blues-y. Excellent dynamics, easy playability, and remarkable sustain. A very gutsy uke! Comes with hardshell case. $795 with FREE shipping within the continental USA. Payment via USPS money order onlly

SOLD Soon I will also have a Mele Braddah concert uke, all solid mahogany with ebony binding on top and back, ebony fretboard and bridge, and peghead overlay. Pro quality crome Grover open 14:1 geared tuners. Comes with nice padded gigbag. Made in the Phillipines, the land of Aldrine, and set up by Michael Rock in Hawaii. $195 with FREE shipping within the continental USA.

SOLD I also expect a Jupiter Creek tenor uke within a month. A solid body electric tuned DGBE. Strat style body. Soild mahogany body for lots of resonance. Humbucker pickup with a switch that lets you choose humbucker-single coil-single coil. Volume and tone pots. Very cool instrument. Sealed geared 14:1 tuners. Pricing to be determined.

Let me know if you're interested in any of 'em!

Last edited:
That is a lot of ukuleles

Whoa:eek:! That is a lot of ukuleles. Did you have a serious case of the UAS? I can't imagine anyone wanting to sell their Kanile'as. I am saving up to get one myself.

Good luck, I hope you get a response.:rock:

Man, I tell you, my family and I have a very serious problem...

The Kanilea's are going because I can't handle the longer scales with my arthritis...
a very sad situation!

Whoa:eek:! That is a lot of ukuleles. Did you have a serious case of the UAS? I can't imagine anyone wanting to sell their Kanile'as. I am saving up to get one myself.

Good luck, I hope you get a response.:rock:

How's the Mele? I'm looking for a 6 or 8 stringed uke. Can you post pics and maybe the price you're asking?

Hey Ian,
SOLD Mele 8 string tenor with cutaway!

I'm asking $495 + $15 shipping within the continental USA.
If you're in Canada, I'd have to see what the shipping costs are.

Attachments

• DSC07358.JPG
    DSC07358.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC07365.JPG
    DSC07365.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC07364.JPG
    DSC07364.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC07368.JPG
    DSC07368.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC07359.JPG
    DSC07359.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Damn it, I'm drooling again. Nice uke. I want it... But sadly with no effective spittle. I just ordered a Reso Relic yesterday, so my funds are a bit low for a few weeks. I will check in a month or so, or sooner if I can replenish my Paypal account by selling other items from around the home.

super concert

do you have photos you could post for the super concert and what is the price?

thanks,
bruce

Hi Bruce,

SOLD The Kanilea custom super concert ukulele is in like-new condition. It has a Concert sized body with a tenor scale neck. All solid woods - sitka spruce top that has the most heavily figured bearclaw I have ever seen. The spruce has a rich golden color - I have never thought of spruce as a beautiful wood until I saw the spruce on this Kanilea.

Nicely flamed koa back, with relatively plain, but still very lovely, koa sides. Showy flamed koa peghead overlay. Curly koa inlay rosette. Gold open back geared Grover tuners.

This is a customized K-3 model with upgraded features, including

*** curly myrtle binding around top and back,
*** rope purfling on top and along the center seam on the back,
*** ebony fretboard and tie-bridge,
*** black Tusq nut and saddle.

Gloss finish, approximately 17" scale, 14 frets to the body, 19 total frets. Paua shell side position dots at 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets.

The craftsmanship is impeccable except for a small area where the finish is a little uneven on the right hand lower bout of the spruce top. You can see it if you angle the ukulele just right - I never noticed it until now while examining it for sale. In any case, a beautiful and beautifully made instrument!

Low action with excellent intonation and playability. Can be strung with concert strings for a lower string tension, or with tenor strings for the higher string tension common to tenors. Currently strung Low G with Aquila concert strings. A new set of low G Aquila tenor strings is also included.

Broad tonal palette with very good dynamics from loud to soft. Excellent projection and lovely sustain. Beautiful tone that will open up even more as it gets played. The ukulele has been played only a handful of times.

Like new condition. Comes with orginally supplied brown canvas-covered polystyrene hardshell case. I am the original owner.

$1050 with free shipping within the continental USA,
Or TRADE or TRADE + CASH. I'm especially interested in trading for a National WOOD bodied resonator uke. A spruce top Larrivee concert or soprano, or an Eckhause spruce top Stradelele concert uke are also high on my want list. Other spruce-top concert & soprano ukes may be considered as well.

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, come on over and play the Kanilea and see what you think!

Here are some photos.

Attachments

• DSC07481.JPG
    DSC07481.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC07495.JPG
    DSC07495.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC07490.JPG
    DSC07490.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC07488.JPG
    DSC07488.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC07492.JPG
    DSC07492.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The Kanilea K-3 Super Concert has been SOLD!!!

The following ukes are still available:
SOLD *** a brand new Koaloha KSM-02 Long Neck Soprano with UPGRADED Grover open back geared tuners + case,
SOLD *** a Kiwaya KSL-2 Long Neck Koa Soprano ukelele with K-Wave gigbag,
SOLD *** a Kanile'a Spruce and Koa Baritone uku with ProTec hardshell case,
SOLD *** and a Mele Mahogany & Spruce 8-String Tenor uke with Cutaway + hardshell case.

The Saga open back Pony Banjo, a 2-row Hohner Vienna Button Box Accordion in C/G, - STLLL AVAILABLE!!!

SOLD Blue Lion Chromatic Bass Dulcimer are also still available for sale or trade!

Last edited:
koaloha long neck

just wondering if how much you were asking for the long neck and if you could post some pictures.

thanks for opening up your collection.

greg

The Saga open back Pony Banjo

how much for the banjo? I might get it as a gift, and knowing nothing of banjos what is its quality. (if need be you can compare it to quality a uke :D)

Saga Pony Banjo

Hey H-drix,

My pony banjo is selling for $305 with FREE shipping within the continental USA -
or $275 if you can pick it up locally (banjos are really heavy instruments to ship!).

It's currently strung with Aquila Nylgut banjo strings (yes, you can string banjo's with nylon strings, although they're usually strung with steel strings). Also included is a new set of light gauge steel strings. Condition is excellent and it's well set up. Comes with a nice Superior gigbag and a strap. Made in Korea.

Since you don't know anything about banjos. I'll give you a little background.

The Saga SS10-P Pony is an Open-Back Banjo and is an excellent old-timey type banjo with a short scale. It's great for clawhammer and frailing, and okay for bluegrass picking (most people choose the super loud resonator banjos for bluegrass picking). Open back's have a more rapid decay when you play a note than a resonator does.

Among the Asian imports, I think the Saga's are the highest quality ones with well-done craftsmanship, and very nice fit and finish. Note that mine is an older banjo and was made in Korea, not China.

Of the travel size, short scale open-back banjos out there, I honestly think the Saga Pony is the best of them under $1000. It has a standard size 11" head, and a metal tone ring to give you a real banjo sound and volume. Nice looking instrument with well-done pearl inlay. The Saga also has geared 4:1 planetary tuners - they're not the highest quality planetary's out there, but they work just fine and there's no need to replace them. They're just not as super smooth as the Schaller or 5 Star brands. But they work very well with no problems.

You can take a look at the Pony here:
http://www.folkofthewood.com/page106.htm
http://www.janetdavismusic.com/trvsaga.html

I'll post some photos tonight or tomorrow.

The shorter scale makes this a great travel banjo - very portable.

Designed for open C tuning, but can also be tuned to the common G tuning if you use heavier strings.

Now a full size scale instrument has a really really long neck - the standard scale is 26-1/4" so you basically have a 2 foot long stick on an 11" head - that's a long instrument. The most used tuning is probably the open G tuning - it plays a G chord when you strum the open (non-fretted) strings. the tuning for the strings is gDGBD. (Banjo players use lots of different tunings, and will often retune their strings to different notes to play different songs, so thile open G tuning is very common, it's not the only one often used).

Th scale length on the Saga Pony is 19-3/4" long - it's as if you put a capo on the 5th fret of a standard size banjo, which gives you a C chord when you strum the strings. The strings are tuned to cGCEG. You can play the exact same fingerings when playing a banjo tuned to open C or open G - you'll just be playing in a different key.

While you can tune the Saga Pony to open G with heavier strings, it sounds best and is easier to play if you tune it to open C or similar tunings.

Blah blah blah - more than you ever wanted to know about banjos...

how much for the banjo? I might get it as a gift, and knowing nothing of banjos what is its quality. (if need be you can compare it to quality a uke :D)

Last edited:
thanks for the info. Ill find out ASAP if its even possible if we (im splitting the costs) can get it.

Hey mentalfloss,

SOLD here are some photos of the KoAloha - and a description too...

It's a brand new KoAloha KSM-02 Soprano Uke with Concert Scale Neck and upgraded Grover open back geared tuners. The uke was built in March 2008. All solid koa with Koaloha's unique unibrace construction and Musubi shaped soundhole. Very cool and distintive 5 point crown headstock and fretboard end.

Mahogany neck with slightly raidused koa fretboard which gives you a little more room for fingering. The koa fretboard is also bound with koa so the neck feels super smooth and you cannot see or feel the fret ends. 14 frets to the body, 17 frets total. Fretboard markers at 5, 7, 10, and 12th frets.

Strung with Koaloha's new clear flourocarbon strings which give a bright tone with great volume. This ukelele also has excellent dynamics from loud to soft, nice sustain, and a nice round, beautiful tone.

Koaloha's are made in Hawaii in a small factory owned and founded by the Okami family. One of their points of pride for their ukuleles is that a member of the Okami family personally works on each uku they make.

Comes with a concert size tolex-covered hardsehell case - it looks like one of those super heavy duty 5-ply plywood cases, but this case is much less heavy duty than those and lighter weight.

If you're interested, I'll send you photos tonight. In the meantime you can check it out here, although this one on the webiste doesn't haven't the upgraded tuners:
http://elderly.com/new_instruments/...xtended-mahogany-neck-soprano-ukul--KSM02.htm

My selling price is $499, including free shipping within the continental USA.

Attachments

• DSC07829.JPG
    DSC07829.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC07831.JPG
    DSC07831.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC07832.JPG
    DSC07832.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC07833.JPG
    DSC07833.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC07835.JPG
    DSC07835.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
would be interested in seeing pic of baritone and knowing you take on conditions and the price.
Thanks
tspwlp

I have a whole bunch of ukuleles for sale or trade, including:

*** an incredibly beautiful Kanile'a Spruce and Koa Super Concert ukulele with hardshell case, **** SOLD ****
*** a brand new Koaloha KSM-02 Long Neck Soprano with UPGRADED Grover open back geared tuners + case,
*** a Kiwaya KSL-2 Long Neck Koa Soprano ukelele with K-Wave gigbag,
*** a Kanile'a Spruce and Koa Baritone uku with ProTec hardshell case,
*** and a Mele Mahogany & Spruce 8-String Tenor uke with Cutaway + hardshell case.

I also have a Saga open back Pony Banjo, a 2-row Hohner Vienna Button Box Accordion in C/G, a Blue Lion Chromatic Bass Dulcimer, and an Olympia Walkabout 6-string Dulcimer. All my instruments are in excellent playing condition! *** UPDATE - the Olympia Walkabout 6-string Dulcimer was sold today, 7/18/08 ***

For trades, I'm looking for:
--- any Larrivee ukulele, but especailly a spruce top one
--- any Earnest Instruments concert or soprano, but especially one with a spruce, redwood, or cedar top
--- wood-body resonator concert or soprano resonator uke - a National is preferred
--- higher end concert or soprano ukes with a spruce, redwood, or cedar top.

I like long-neck sopranos a lot.

If you're interested in any of these ukes or other instruments to buy or trade, let me know! I can post some photos too if you want.
Trade + cash offers are also possible.
Would like to see pics of baritone and get you take on condition and playing action and price.
Thanks,
Thomas

Kanile'a Custom K-2 Spruce & Koa Baritone uke

Hey Thomas,

SOLD It's a Custom K-2 Kanile'a Baritone uke with Sitka Spruce top and Koa back and sides. All solid woods. Fan bracing. Ebony fretboard. Replacement rosewood pin bridge with ebony pins. Top tortoise binding with BWBWB purfling, and pearl rosette. Pearl side dots at the 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15th frets. High gloss hand-rubbed lacquer finish. Gold Grover open back geared tuners. Bone nut and bridge. Lightweight. Low action and low string tension. Currently strung in DGBE with Aquila strings. Use higher tension strings if you want a harder string tension.

Very responsive and resonant instrument with really nice sustain and a broad tonal palette. Very good balance from string to string with satisfying low's, excellent midrange, and very good in the high range as well. Rich and full sounding with great volume. Fan brancing. Intonation is excellent. I would call this instrument's tone more guitar-like than most bari's because of the amount of sustain. It also has a balanced tone rather than the boominess common to many baritone ukes.

20" scale length, 1-7/16" nut with a 1-3/16" string spread, and a 2-1/16" string spread at the saddle. The string sprread at the bridge is a little wider than on vintage ukuleles, such as the old Harmony's. The tone is also quite different from the old Harmony baris too - as described above, the Kanile'a is fuller and richer with more overtones, and isn't boomy.

Very cool and high quality instrument.

Made in 2004.

Note that this ukulele was originally built without a bridge plate and eventually the top bellied and rippled under the bridge. It was recently
repaired by Mike DaSilva (ukemaker.com) - he installed reinforcing struts under the bridge, flattened out the top, and made a new bridge for it. You can see where he buffed out the finish a little below the bridge if you hold the uke at a certain angle to the light. When I first brought the Kanile'a to Mike and asked him if it was worth fixing, he told me, yes, definitely - that it was otherwise very solidly built and had excellent tap tones - he was really happy to do the repair.

Comes with a nice padded Hohner gigbag.

Because of the repair, this uke is selling at less than half the price I originally paid for it (it was originally $1200). -
The selling rpice is $535 with FREE shipping within the continental USA.

Also comes with a set of Aquila strings for GCEA tuning.

I'll take some photos and post 'em tonight when I get home from work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom