Sing a Disney theme park song ---> Win a K-wave!

NatalieS

Reaction score
I am a huuuuuuge Walt Disney World fan, and I know there's more like me out there. :D I am holding a giveaway contest for the Kiwaya K-wave ukulele pictured below.

015-1.jpg

Okay, so here are the rules:
1) Your song must be a song that was written for a Disney theme park. It could be a song from a ride, such as "It's a Small World" or "Yo Ho Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me". It could be a song from one of the fireworks shows "We Go On", or "Fantasmic". As long as the song was created for the theme park, and isn't a classic Disney tune (such as "When You Wish Upon a Star") you're ok. You can pick the most obscure of songs if you want, because I guarantee I know most of them. If you don't know if your song will work, PM me and I'll let you know if it's ok to use.
2) Your song must feature the ukulele. You don't have to sing. You can play an instrumental as long as it's recognizable.
3) Only one entry allowed per person.
4) At the beginning of your video, you must mention that you're playing/singing for the K-wave contest.
5) Your video must be posted as a reply in this thread.

Deadline is April 1, 2011 at midnight EST

A winner will be chosen after all videos are viewed by my family. We are true Disney nuts and we'll have fun with this, and I hope you have just as much fun making your video!

2102820803_00f46eefae.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you all are excited about the contest. I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!

Awesome

Thanks for hosting this. Contests bring out the most creative ideas in people. I'm thinking for the most obscure song.... I have no doubt UkiSociety will find it. :D

Ooooh, cool! Does it have to be from a current attraction?

Because I've always liked "The Best Time of Your Life". :)

JJ

Ooooh, cool! Does it have to be from a current attraction?

Because I've always liked "The Best Time of Your Life". :)

JJ

Nope, it can be from any attraction ever, doesn't have to be current. Also, as long as it's from a Disney theme park, it doesn't have to be from a ride. For instance, "Main Street Welcome Song" is a song sung every morning in the Magic Kingdom, but it's not necessarily an attraction. :)

So I haven't been to a disney park since I was about 9 years old and I cant really think of any songs from the park besides the ones you already mentioned. Are other classic disney songs okay?

I'm sorry, I'm going to restrict this contest to theme park songs. There have recently been at least two contests using classic Disney tunes, so I wanted to have a different theme for this one. If you need help finding a song, there are several websites and YouTube channels devoted to Disney theme park music.

Is it okay if it's just an instrumental piece? (I can't sing for my life :(

YES, it can be instrumental! You don't have to sing, but the tune does have to be recognizable. :D

Sorry if I am repeating. So you want music from the theme parks rather than the films themselves?

Well... Here's my humble offering- my first contest after being a member of UU for two or so weeks and having a uke for a week. (How can I resist?) I wish I had a capo cuz C is too low for me and I am not very familliar with the chords in the key of D on the uke. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GV3ZrTAoE0

Natalie,

In my video, I mentioned it was for your disney theme contest, but not 'for the KWave. ;( Shall I delete? Redo?

Are medlies allowed? Some of the songs at places like Country Bear Jamboree can be a bit short.

It's fine. :) Since you posted it here and mentioned the contest in your video, I know that it was made for the contest.

Top Bottom